bumped into Moes nicu nurse

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
annes
Forum Moderator

Re : bumped into Moes nicu nurse

Postby annes » Wed Dec 10, 2008 07:11 am

I am so sorry that you were upset like that, people really should think more before they speak! Hope that things are a little better today.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Tue Dec 09, 2008 08:44 pm

Jaymee, putting myself into your shoes in that situation, I would have felt very blind-sided. It was more than likely unintentional, but she should not have presumed that Samantha was aware of Moe. What and when you choose to explain Samantha is purely up to you and you alone. I am so sorry that you had to deal with this today - wishing you peace.

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 05:19 pm

I just wanted to say sorry the NICU nurse upset you and sorry for your loss. Unfortunately, what is comforting to some is not for others. Kylie is my only child, and even though she's gone she is very much a part of my life, so for me any future children will know they have a sister that passed away. It's just really a personal choice, and what feels right to you. What feels good to me, may not to you, so it's hard to give suggestions. Sorry, I couldn't offer any help.

jaymee444

bumped into Moes nicu nurse

Postby jaymee444 » Tue Dec 09, 2008 02:50 pm

So I Am shopping with my daughter, and I look up and see one of MOes nicu nurses, just beaming at my kid.. We say hello, hug and sheexplains to the person who she was with the story and then says this is MOes little sister.
I held it together , cried all the way home. I was actually outraged by that coment. I mean doesn't a brother sister thing have to do with a RELATIONSHIP? AM I JUST FREAKING OUT ? I mean she never met him will never know him. I have thought that when the time comes I Will explain to her that there was a baby before her.. NOt a brother..
any help or suggestions are truly welcomed here.

Return to “Grief and Loss”