Feeling guilty...

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
mrs.magdaleno

Re : Feeling guilty...

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Wed Nov 05, 2008 04:38 pm

It has been 3 years since I lost Jake and although I'm at peace with his death, I still have times where I feel so guilty. I think all of these emotions will be with us forever. (((HUGS)))

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Wed Nov 05, 2008 02:21 pm

I think that the guilt and the what-ifs are such a hard part of the grieving process, because as you said the logical part of you knows that you did everything you could do for your child and that it is not your fault that this bad thing happened, but the emotional part of you wreaks havoc on you. We have all been there, you are not alone. I hope that the days improves for you. Take it easy on yourself. Happy Birthday Callie!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Wed Nov 05, 2008 01:41 pm

I feel the same way, and I know it doesn't help for people to tell you it's not your fault. It's been a little over 3 months since my daughter died and I am constantly going through the if I'd done this, she might still be here. Just know I am wishing your sweet baby a Happy 5th Birthday. I hope you get some comfort.

calliesmom

Feeling guilty...

Postby calliesmom » Wed Nov 05, 2008 12:51 am

This is my Callie Ann's 5th birthday. I still cannot help feeling guilty, as if I had something to do with her death. I was induced at 23 weeks because of severe preeclampsia and HELLP. I keep replaying everything in my mind: I should have gone to the hospital sooner, I should have taken supplements or something to prevent this, etc. The reasonable side of me knows this is wrong, but I'm feeling REALLY down today. Thanks to all at this forum that understand.

Return to “Grief and Loss”