Miserable

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
joker

Re : Miserable

Postby joker » Tue Sep 16, 2008 07:16 pm

I am so sorry for your loss.

Going back to work was extremely hard for me too. I cried off and on during the day for probably the first two weeks. It's also been over a year for me and I still cry some days for Abby. It's ok to take time for yourself during the day at work to cry if you need to. I would go to my car to cry if I needed to during the day. Again, I am so sorry for the loss of your little girl .

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Tue Sep 16, 2008 06:43 pm

Oh I am so sorry for your loss.... dont feel bad about crying at work or struggling. I went back to work within two weeks of my loss and those weeks were rough.... what you are experiencing is so normal and you are not alone.

It sounds so cliched and silly, but it does just take a lot of time- it's been a year and sometimes I still cry. I spent a lot of time with people who just let me be- whether it was crying, or laughing, or just wanting to watch a movie... thats what I did. If I wanted time alone, I took it.

I tried to spend time with hubby and do things with him too.

I don't think the hurt ever goes away but it becomes more bearable with time- for me it took a good while.

I'm glad you're here and you will find a lot of support but I am sorry for the reason.

How is your health right now?

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 05:50 pm

Thank you for the advice. I definately need a distraction. I'm so sorry for your loss.

lola1971

Postby lola1971 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 03:56 pm

I am sorry you are feeling misearable. I know how you feel. I lost my baby girl on July 8, 2008 due to PE/severe HELLP. She was 23 weeks and just too small to survive on her own. Shee too was my first and only child. It is soo hard. I went back to work after 6 weeks and it has been hard since. Today is the 10 week anniversary mark of her passing and I still get very sad at work. there are times I just can't concentrate or wish I could run out. I wish I could offer more advice because I haven't found the secret to making it hurt less. The only thing that has helped (albeit temporarily and after work) is going for a jog/walk/working out and just distracting myself like a movie, shopping, travel. TTC is also on the agenda. During work hours, if I am busy or in meetings, it seems to take my mind off the pain. But there are days that I just keep to my self and just not very social at work. I leave early if I need to.

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 02:51 pm

My daughter Kylie was born at 25 weeks gestation, due to severe preeclampsia/hellp syndrome. She weighed 1 pound 6 ounces and was 12 1/2 inches. She fought hard for 10 days and overcame some huge obstacles. She had both lungs blow out the same day. They told us she would pass very quickly once we took her off the oscillator, but she ended up fighting for over an hour. She passed away in her father's arms. She is our first and only child.

Thank you for the advice.

crystalw

Postby crystalw » Tue Sep 16, 2008 02:24 pm

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious baby. (((HUGS))) I lost my daughter in Oct. 2007 and I did not return to work until Jan 2008. Even then I had my days where I would go in a patient room and cry. Just remember it is okay to cry. And it is also okay to need more time off work to adjust.

4evermyangel

Postby 4evermyangel » Tue Sep 16, 2008 02:20 pm

First I'd like to say I'm sorry to hear about your baby, second welcome. You will find this to be a wonderful place for support. It truly is what has gotten me through the hardest times. Our daughter passed away on 1-28-08 and I didn't go back to work until July and even then it wasn't easy. I'm sure someone else will be along that went back to work sooner that can offer some advice. Until then and only if you would like, you could tell us more about your precious baby.

brianned5

Miserable

Postby brianned5 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 01:54 pm

It'll be 8 weeks tomorrow since my baby passed away. I recently returned to work and I hate it. I cry most of the day. Did anyone else have this problem? If so, how did you cope with it?

Return to “Grief and Loss”