Miserable

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
imemc3

Re : Miserable

Postby imemc3 » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:19 pm

There are so many of us here that understand. It is unfortunate that we are here under these circumstances but it helps to know that we are not alone. My heart is with you. I am sending you a huge (((hug))). Emily turned 2 today and I still cry at work. I cry the most on the drive to and from work. I feel so much better when I let it out and just cry. There has been a couple of times that I cried so hard on the way to work that I called my principal to tell her that I just need a moment. She was always understanding and supportive. She attended Emily's funeral. My thought are with you.

Elaine

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 10:12 pm

Thank you all so much. I'm glad to have found so much support!

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Thu Sep 18, 2008 07:47 pm

Oh Brianne, take care of yourself.... it took a long time for my BP to come down too and they all said oh it should come back down right away. That physical illness made the emotional pain worse I think. I hope you find peace and feel stronger soon.... I know it's a terrible double whammy, to be so sick and to lose your little girl...

((HUGS))

for faith

Postby for faith » Thu Sep 18, 2008 05:20 pm

So sorry to hear of your loss of Kylie (what a beautiful name), many hugs. This is a great place for support and info. Hope that your BP starts coming down, I had the same problem for several months and then it came back down, glad to hear you have another appt soon. I would also see a high risk OB.

I still cry some many years after my loss, but it does just become a part of you......thinking of you and wishing you peace. Be easy on yourself, take care,

pixie323

Postby pixie323 » Thu Sep 18, 2008 00:54 am

For me, one of the hardest parts was the waiting until I was allowed to fall pregnant again. I was told 6 mths, but it took over a year until I had a pregnancy that stayed. I hope your body recovers quickly and the time flies by fast... so that when you are ready, you can try again.

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:33 am

My blood pressure is still really high. Until I developed preeclampsia/hellp I had blood pressure of 117/72. I was in the hospital 7 days and had to visit the dr every week after. My blood pressure was lowering slowly, but the dr put me on birth control because I'm not allowed to try to get pregnant again for atleast a year and now it's running about 143/110, sometimes higher. I have another dr app Friday with my primary physician. We'll see what happens then. Thanks for asking!

brianned5

Postby brianned5 » Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:27 am

Thank you all so much for the support and advice. I'm so sorry for each of your losses. Until I experienced the loss of Kylie I never knew how many parents have had to deal with this.

jsu_work

Postby jsu_work » Wed Sep 17, 2008 08:30 am

Briane..
I'm sorry about your lost as well.
I lost my child 2-20-8 and gave birth 2-21.
I returned to work 3 weeks later.
I usually cried on my way home. As soon as I hit the car the tears would start plopping out. I found it easier not to work full weeks at first.
Hugs. I recommend finding friends/significant others/ people to talk about the grief with. I also recommend finding as many comforts as possible and practicing them. With time I've heard that it gets a little easier.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Wed Sep 17, 2008 01:09 am

Brianne - welcome. I am so very sorry for the loss of your precious daughter. Returning to work is such a hard thing to do. Sometimes it helps to keep our minds busy, but the sad thoughts seem to have a way to creep in no matter what we're doing. Please try to be gentle with yourself and if it gets overwhelming, take some time to yourself when possible.

Please feel free to post as often as you like. We're here to listen and support in any way we can. I wish you peace.

pixie323

Postby pixie323 » Tue Sep 16, 2008 07:27 pm

I'm so sorry to hear about Kylie. They definitely have to find a cue or something for PE.

We lost our daughter in June 06, she also fought for 9-10 days until her lungs could no longer cope. She was our first and only child until recently. I returned to work about 3 mths after her loss. It was so hard, as it reminded me so much of her and how happy I had been looking forward to having her. I use to cry often, I'd find a quiet room and just cry. As time went on, I use to find new challenges at work and focus on them, instead of her. I remember the worse time for me was driving to and from work. I would cry and cry. I would hate to think what people would have thought who saw me. With time work did get easier, but at times I still cry and it has been over 2 years.

GBH to you!!

Lisa.

Return to “Grief and Loss”