Last night...

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
darateacher

Re : Last night...

Postby darateacher » Fri Oct 09, 638308 8:45 pm

I know. It's like some sort of a weird fantasy.

mrs.magdaleno

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Tue Sep 29, 638308 5:06 am

I've thought about this too. I believe that Jake is with all of our family and friends who have passed on. I envision my dh's grandmother holding him and taking good care of him. And when we meet in heaven, I picture her handing him to me.

(((HUGS))) I hate that we have to even think about this.

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Mon Sep 28, 638308 7:13 pm

I feel relieved knowing I'm not the only one who has wondered this question.

Last night, I went to loss support group and realized how far DH and I have come. Our pain isn't raw anymore and we can look ahead and move. We learned a lot about how far we really have come. We're the more experienced couple now. There are a few who just loss their LO's through incompetent cervix. Seems to be very common at 20ish weeks.

(((HUGS))) to you all! It's so difficult to imagine Aaron NOT growing up. But, because he's in Heaven, just like our elder family members who have passed away, he has life, like the life he had on earth without any health issues. Heaven must be a wonderful place! Sometimes, I wish I could visit in my dreams and come back the next morning...having held Aaron in my dreams, knowing he's really okay.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Thu Sep 17, 638308 3:06 pm

Dara, I do not know the answer to your question, but I have thought about the same thing a lot. I like to think of Griffin as a bigger baby, being held and taken care of by my grandmother, aunt and uncle (who all died when my mom was a teenager) and by other loved ones who have passed away. Other times I picture him as the 2 1/12 year old he would be now, driving us crazy saying no to everything, like all little kids do. I do agree with the others, you'll know Aaron, just like you know yourself.

4evermyangel

Postby 4evermyangel » Thu Sep 17, 638308 6:45 am

We too have thought about and talked about this soooooooo many times. I just wish there was a way we could all find the answer.

I see it this way. The Bible tells us that we will see and know our friends and family who are saved when we get to Heaven and we will forget about those who are not saved, because if we remembered them we would be sad and there is no sadness in Heaven. I also think that once we get to heaven we will be so happy to be there that we will no longer worry about how our angels look or how old they are. So I think that it doesn't really matter how each person pictures a loved one, picture them the way that helps you get through everyday, because once we are there it will no longer matter what we thought.

Anyway, that is what I think and how I get through the day. I'm going to be able to pick my tiny 5lb. angel up and cuddle with her and let her sleep with her head on my shoulder and there isn't anyway anyone is going to convince me that it will be any different.

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Thu Sep 17, 638308 3:29 am

Thanks! Whenever I picture Aaron, I think of him as having tons of dark hair, like DH and I have, a few teeth (because he's six months old) and he claps, laughs and giggles a lot. Also, he flies around, and I picture the older angels singing to him and God telling him all about us.

Brings tears to my eyes whenever I think of this. Think there'll ever be a moment when I can think about where he is without crying?

for faith

Postby for faith » Thu Sep 17, 638308 3:01 am

I have thought a lot about this too.....for me I wish to think of my little girl as a beautiful little angel who I will know as if I knew her forever.....but not the sick little baby when she passed......

Thinking of you.

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Wed Sep 16, 638308 4:23 pm

I guess we go to Heaven when we're ready, and God keeps our babies as we remember them?

dja

Postby dja » Sun Sep 06, 638308 3:07 pm

I have always wondered this too. My Amelia was a tiny, tiny baby. Will she still be that way when next I see her? And will she stay that way? Wish I knew.

darateacher

Postby darateacher » Sun Sep 06, 638308 9:03 am

He'll still be a baby, though, right? That's what I'm hoping for.

Return to “Grief and Loss”