So, how do I handle this?

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
julie f

Re : So, how do I handle this?

Postby julie f » Sun Sep 06, 638308 3:32 am

Oh Anne, what a sweet little guy you have.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Wed Aug 26, 638308 3:32 am

((((HUGS))) I am sorry that Griffin can't be there with you all too.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Tue Aug 25, 638308 10:33 am

Thank you all so much, I think I will see if he wants to bring one of Griffin's little stuffed toys to school in his bag. I am going to talk to his teacher tomorrow. Parker really is a very loving kid, he really misses Griffin, he loves Clover so much. It hurts not to have all three of them here together, making me crazy ;).

for faith

Postby for faith » Tue Jul 21, 638308 6:03 pm

Wow, what a sweet little guy you have. I so agree with everyone.

neslo

Postby neslo » Mon Jul 20, 638308 10:19 pm

Anne - I just wanted to say that I agree with everyone here. Let your son take Griffin to school with him. I think it is really special that he feels so connected to his little brother. We have had a similar situation with our daughter who is three. I let her take a picture to school so she could show her teachers that she really does have a sister.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Fri Jul 10, 638308 3:15 pm

Anne...I agree with the other gals. I don't think there is any harm at all with Parker pretending to take Griffin to school with him. If the teacher isn't aware, I'd brief her just so she handles is appropriately. Parker must be a really loving and insightful little guy (hmmm..wonder where he gets that? : )

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Fri Jul 10, 638308 1:05 pm

We had to let the teachers at my daughter's school know that her father had passed when she was younger. She would let other kids know not to bug her because her DAD was on duty protecting her on the playground.

We would do a lot of talking but it made her feel comfortable and the teachers better understood what was going on.

jana m

Postby jana m » Fri Jul 10, 638308 9:50 am

I agree with the others, Anne. It's so wonderful how you have made Griffin a part of your everyday lives. We do the same with our girls and it's amazing to see Parker being so caring. I hope I can do as good a job as you have done when I have to start explaining to Xander.

joker

Postby joker » Fri Jul 10, 638308 9:17 am

I also agree. If it makes him feel better to "take Griffin to school", then that is ok, just let the teachers know the situation so they can deal with Parker appropriately. I also think Kara's idea of the photo is great, but if you don't want to send a photo you could get a small stuffed animal and call it Griffin or Griffin's bear for Parker to keep with him. Kids are so amazing.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Fri Jul 10, 638308 4:40 am

yep, triple agreeing. "Griffin will always be with Parker" is probably too abstract for him at this age. Is there a picture of Griffin that Parker could take in his backpack, so that it makes the abstract more understandable for him? Maybe you could glue a little picture frame inside his backpack. That way the photo doesn't come out, but then Griffin would "go to school with Parker" everyday. ??? Just a thought. And what a sweet thing for a little kid to say.

Return to “Grief and Loss”