Introducing myself

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
neslo

Re : Introducing myself

Postby neslo » Thu Feb 07, 2008 01:52 pm

Huge, gigantic (((HUGS))) I am so sorry for your loss. We are so close to the same date. My daughter was born on 1/24/08 at 23 weeks due to severe pre-eclampsia.

It is so hard to figure out this horrible disease. It just seems to leave you with so many more questions than answers.

If you ever need to share your feelings this is the perfect place to do it. I am still trying to figure out my way through life at this point too.

josiah1112

Postby josiah1112 » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:44 am

I'm so sorry...thinking of you..

fiona
Forum Moderator

Postby fiona » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:07 am

Ashley,

there are many here who understand the pain and devastation you are feeling. Please know we are here for you in the coming months, whenever you need us.

I am so sorry for the loss of your precious daughter, Madelyn.

melissaanello

Postby melissaanello » Wed Feb 06, 2008 08:13 am

Ashley

I am so sorry for the loss of your daughter. This is a great place for support, when we lost Millie this was the best place for me. Take care and be strong, we will be here for you.

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Tue Feb 05, 2008 08:43 pm

Ashley,

I'm so very sorry for the loss of your little girl. It saddens me that another mom knows the feeling of losing their baby. I'm glad that you have found the forums as the ladies here are so incredibly compassionate, supportive and just wonderful. There are many of us who have walked in your shoes and we know, unfortunately, what you're going through. Please come here as often as you need. I will keep you and your family in thought and prayer. Take it easy and take it one day at a time. Wishing you peace and comfort.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Tue Feb 05, 2008 07:24 pm

Ashley I am so very sorry for the loss of your daughter. I found this website after trying to make sense of all that happened to me. What I found was an incredible group of women who really, really understood what I had been through. Losing a child for me was and still is incredibly painful. Please feel free to post as often as you like, we will be here to support you. I wish you a quick recovery, and much peace. You will remain in my thoughts.

for faith

Postby for faith » Tue Feb 05, 2008 04:17 pm

Ashley - I am so, so sorry for your loss of Madelyn (what a beautiful name). This has been a great place for me in living with the loss of my daughter. I would agree SHARE is a great organization and many hospitals/universities have support groups. For me this site was so helpful to know others exactly like me, to learn so much about PE and a new normal life. This something no one should have to go through.....wishing you so much peace.

joker

Postby joker » Tue Feb 05, 2008 02:57 pm

Ashley,
I'm "Abigail's Mom" from the nest. I'm glad you found your way here. This has been an incredible place for me to get support, I hope it helps you too. Do you know if there is a SHARE group near you? They are a national group. I've been going to a support group at the hospital I delivered at, have you checked there for a group?

Losing a child is devastating. It has been 7months for me, and I am still dealing with my grief everyday. It is something that we will never get over, we just learn to manage. thinking of you.

wrennie

Postby wrennie » Tue Feb 05, 2008 02:19 pm

Hi Ashley, I am so sorry for your loss. Words cant describe this pain we feel. It is so, so sad. I think your doing the right thing by visiting this site. It has helped me gain perspective that PE does affect healthy, normal women, and that I am not alone. We now have to figure out how to live our lives with out our first born by our sides. It isnt fair, but we have to learn to honor the love we have for our babies. Be open to your feelings and to your daughter. Be gentle on yourself. I am told, though they are not physically with us, our babies can work miracles in us. One blessing I am holding tight to is the love I learned from Elodie, she taught me I could love more than I ever thought possible. Her love is a gift.

My thoughts are with you and your husband. Take care.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Tue Feb 05, 2008 01:54 pm

I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your baby girl. I have found, as have many of the other ladies here, that this forum is a great, safe place to come, we know what you are going through. I never looked into local support groups, but I know that many people really find them to be a lifeline. I know that lots of hospitals and places of worship offer these services, those may be a place to start. This disease is devastating, and unfortunately we have all been touched by it. You are still recovering physically, as well as all you are going through emotionally, so please take care of yourself.

Return to “Grief and Loss”