November

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
mrs.magdaleno

Re : November

Postby mrs.magdaleno » Wed Nov 14, 2007 05:15 pm

(((HUGS)))
If you don't feel like celebrating your birthday, Thanksgiving or anything else, then don't. Do what is right for you. Your wellbeing is more important.

It was extremely hard for me the first year I lost Jake. I didn't celebrate anything. Now I'm to the point where I'm just so grateful to have had those 6 precious months with my sweetie.

kelly1972

Postby kelly1972 » Wed Nov 14, 2007 01:43 pm

Jen,

I really know the feeling. November sucks for me as well. We found out that our Zachary had died on my dh birthday which is Nov 12. My birthday is Nov 24th and I hate to have it mentioned. I just want to crawl into a hole and wake up after this month is over. My sweet baby boy is all I have ever wanted back in my arms. I wish you peace and I'm thinking of everyone here who knows the pain.

suleaf

Postby suleaf » Mon Nov 12, 2007 06:57 pm

Oh Jen. I know what you mean. THe holidays are so hard. And it feels more like an effort for everyone else and not for us...

Best thoughts to you ....

elainej9

Postby elainej9 » Mon Nov 12, 2007 12:27 am

Jen, I'm right there with you. My birthday is today and its my second birthday since losing Caitlyn. Last year I wanted nothing, no cake, nothing...this year it was a little better. Not a big cheer but just a little something a my parents house yesterday. Really I just want my birthday over because as you said its hard to celebrate and be thankful. I do know that you do what you can, you know your limit and put yourself first. Do something because you want it, not to help others out. Last year not wanted my birthday or a cake I know hurt my Mum...but this year she saw some progress so I'm sure it was better for her. All and all, we get through it, some days are tougher than others, but we make it...together we find a way. My best wishes to you.....

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Mon Nov 05, 2007 02:49 pm

Jen,

I'm sorry that this month is going to be tough for you. The first birthday, holiday, everything after a loss is the hardest because you don't want to celebrate and you don't even want to think about celebrating anything. I know those feelings all too well. As the other ladies have said, do what you can and what you feel like doing. You have to take care of yourself first and foremost. The birthdays and holidays do still bite in someways, they are somewhat easier to get through as time goes by. Take care Jen and know that we're here for you wishing that your days are filled with more peace each day. Hugs to you and I do hope that there is some sunshine and happiness on your birthday.

onesock

Postby onesock » Mon Nov 05, 2007 01:31 pm

I will be thinking of you. I am sorry that this is going to be a hard month...I hope it flies by and gets easier next month. Sending you peaceful vibes and a hug :)

for faith

Postby for faith » Mon Nov 05, 2007 12:59 am

Thinking of you Jen, I am so sorry. The first of everything is so, so incredibly hard. I so know those feeling too. I agree, do what is right for you (and your husband) on all coming up. I hope that you find some peace in the days to come. hugs

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:07 am

Like Julie, my birthday has become much harder to deal with since losing Griffin, take care of yourself and do what you can handle. I don't know what to say about the Thanksgiving/due date timing, that s*%ks! HUGS.

debbie78

Postby debbie78 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 04:37 pm

I will certainly be keeping you in my thoughts this month. Take care of yourself and I hope that you have a peaceful birthday tomorrow.

imemc3

Postby imemc3 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 08:37 am

You are in my prayers. Anniversary dates are difficult. I just do what I can on these dates and what I can handle. Sometimes I feel like do nothing but being at home and other times I feel like celebrating. I understanding about wanting your baby back and many of us have that longing you are not alone. We are here to support you. I want to send you Birthday hugs and a wishes for a peaceful day. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Elaine

Return to “Grief and Loss”