I was alright

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
imemc3

Re : I was alright

Postby imemc3 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 07:59 pm

My prayers are with you. I want to say Happy Birthday to Chance. I hope he will be celebrating with Emily 9-25-06 and enjoying cloud cake and having the time of their lives.

I send you lot of HUGS.

Elaine

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 03:09 pm

Amber,

I'm sorry that you've been having a rough time. You're not going backwards with your grief. I read and have been told that you can go through the grief stages throughout your life without any rhyme or reason. I wish I could make it all better for you but all I can do is let you know I'm thinking of you and Chance and hope that you're doing better each day. Take care hon!

michellelhuston

Postby michellelhuston » Fri Sep 21, 2007 09:38 am

Amber, Tyler's first birthday was so hard too! It is amazing at how fast time flies. I am thinking of you and Chance today! Sending you many hugs!!!

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Fri Sep 21, 2007 05:55 am

Amber, there is just no way anyone could be expected to handle the first birthday with equilibrium. It's not as if you could possibly get used to having it be the first birthday of your loved, lost child.

We will all be thinking of you, and Chance, today.

joker

Postby joker » Thu Sep 20, 2007 11:39 am

Thinking of you and your angel. I wish there was some magic wand we could all pass around that could fix our grief. Do whatever you need to do for yourself on his birthday.

melissam

Postby melissam » Wed Sep 19, 2007 11:14 pm

You know Amber, I went through the exact same thing right around Kelsi's first birthday. I think it is just a normal part of this path we are all on. You have really been through so much. I can only imagine that when it hits, it all really hits. As Julie said, you aren't going backwards. I too, get hit with this stuff at the strangest times when I am completely not expecting it.

Hang in there. You will be in my thoughts and prayers as you go through this.

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Sep 19, 2007 10:57 pm

Amber,
Thinking of you right now, and wishing I could help in some way. The first birthday is so hard, not that the others are easier, but there is something very raw about the first.

You're not going backwards in your progress, this is all just part of it. Grief can still knock me off my feet, four years later.

Much love,
Julie

kris21225

Postby kris21225 » Wed Sep 19, 2007 06:14 pm

I'm sorry times are so tough for you right now. Do whatever you think you need to do. If you want to be alone with thoughts of your angel, go ahead and do it. And if you think it will be too difficult to go to those birthday parties, don't. If they're your friends, they'll understand. (hugs)

for faith

Postby for faith » Wed Sep 19, 2007 02:55 pm

Thinking of you Amber. I still have a hard time around Faith's anniversary, January just isn't a good month for me. It does bring forward the worst times of our lives. Thinking of you over this next month and hoping you find what brings you peace on these days. I agree be easy on yourself, don't push yourself into parties. HUGS

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Wed Sep 19, 2007 02:40 pm

Amber I am so sorry to hear you are having such a hard time. The weeks leading into Griffin's birthday and anniversary were terrible for me, lots of crying and sadness. Take it easy on yourself, don't push yourself to go to the B-day parties, I think your friends will understand.

Return to “Grief and Loss”