Reality Check.

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
angelkat

Re : Reality Check.

Postby angelkat » Wed Mar 14, 2007 04:35 pm

Jenn,

I have no advise just wanted to let you know that I am thinking about you and praying for your family!

gilma

Re : Reality Check.

Postby gilma » Wed Mar 14, 2007 02:02 pm

I have to be honest, speaking of course from my own personal experience. I think, I have only just come out of denial....and it's been 15 months. We all know that grief works in stages and that you can go in and out of any stage at any given time and then back again. In my experience I seem to have spent most of my time in the denial stage. I've been trying to make everyone (including myself) believe that I was okay. I've been trying to accomodate and be there for other people. I've been going on with everyday life just as if my life had never been turned upside down. We've had another crisis in our family in the last couple of months, and I have to say that if it weren't for this crisis I might still be in that little denial bubble. Now all of the sudden I feel like a raging bull! Mad, sad, mad, sad, mad, sad.......Sometimes not even making sense to myself much less to other people. I over-react to the simplest of things.
My point is, the boys are probably reacting naturally and the best that they can. More than likely their new reality is just setting in. I think it's great that you all are in counseling. IT's good and very important to make sure, especially at their ages that everyone is monitored closely. My heart is just broken for you all. Your post relaying this tragedy is one of those unforgettable posts. I hope this made sense. I haven't actually posted in several months because of my own reality. When I signed on today you spoke to me. I hope you were able follow.

jenn
Forum Moderator

Reality Check.

Postby jenn » Wed Mar 14, 2007 01:11 pm

I hope this is a good place to post this.

I believe the boys have come out of denial about the loss of their mom.
Recent outragous behavior by the boys have completely consumed our family.
We're all seeing councilors, but even that isn't helping right now.
I'm guessing this needs to run it's course first.

Did you or someone close to you experiance denial during a loss?
Is this how it comes out?
Does it get better?
What can I/we do?

Right now our family, friends and the children's schools are all very understanding, but I fear that at some point our safety net of understanding won't be there to catch us.

Thanks for letting get this out.
Jenn

Return to “Grief and Loss”