want to fast forward

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
froggie89

Re : want to fast forward

Postby froggie89 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 08:18 pm

Erica,

Just wanted to say I'm thinking about you and saying prayers for strength and comfort for you too. I think it's great that you want to volunter at the animal shelter. Take care. Lots of hugs to you!

belle8600

Postby belle8600 » Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:08 am

it is so hard. i got passed my birthday and dh birthday but my due date is just around the corner. it is lurking there. i am so scared about it. i know i will be a wreck and just want it to come already. i am planning on going to her grave and visiting her but it will be so hard just like everyday without her is.
i decided to volunteer at an animal shelter to try to get my mind busy on loving again.

lmc2677

Postby lmc2677 » Tue Dec 05, 2006 07:42 pm

I want to wish you a happy birthday, even though I know it is hard. My daughter's due date, Aug. 6th, is also my husband's birthday. Needless to say, August 6th was very, very hard. We just dreaded the date arriving. I just kept thinking, "She should be here now, sharing a birthday with her dad." We had looked forward to our daughter being the best birthday gift ever. Instead, the due date/husband's birthday was anything but happy.

It does get better. It's not easy, but it does. Stay strong. (((hugs)))

for faith

Postby for faith » Fri Dec 01, 2006 02:26 pm

I am so, so sorry. As many of us, I have been there. I pray for your strength and peace, thinking of you...... This is so, so hard :(

belle8600

Postby belle8600 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:50 am

thank you all so much for your kind words. this sucks. i feel so sad all the time and it is getting worse since my due date is coming up. i pray for strsngth to get through it. i just want to hold my baby in my arms. i am scared i will loose another baby too. i just hope it all works oout for all of us. i know she wouldnt want me to be so sad but i cant help it. i miss her terribly and wish she was still growing inside me. i always thought i would deliver early, but never thought it would be in August when she wouldnt survive.

gilma

Postby gilma » Fri Dec 01, 2006 02:46 am

Happy Birthday honey. I'm so sorry. Hold on, like Melissa said the days leading up to the due date were certainly some of the darkest days...
Only time will help and even the thought of that breaks your heart.
I wish you peace and comfort. Thinking of you.

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 08:05 pm

Erica,

First off, Happy Birthday. I so understand where you're coming from. I was so looking forward to celebrating my birthday when I found out I was pregnant with Alexander. I had ideas of what it would be like to celebrate with him and how happy I would be. So when my birthday came around I was all depressed (actually the whole month) and didn't want to celebrate at all. How could I celebrate without him?

Like some of the ladies have said, your days will get better in time. It doesn't seem like that will ever happen, but it will. I'll be keeping you in my thoughts and prayers and hoping that you find some peace and comfort. We're here for you whenever you need us. Take care. Hugs and love....

hmoore

Postby hmoore » Thu Nov 30, 2006 02:47 pm

Erica -
Happy Birthday. I am sorry that you are not able to sit back and enjoy your birthday. It is hard to enjoy any special day or celebrations without your child. Yes the closer it gets to your due date the harder things will get for you but eventually things will get better for you I promise. I think the first year is the hardest year. I am not saying that the pain will go away I know that it never will I miss my son every day of my life. Since I lost Conner I am a different person I will never be the same again, but as time passes things seem to get better. I am thinking of you and will keep you in my prayers! Stay strong many hugs!

lisainnj

Postby lisainnj » Thu Nov 30, 2006 02:26 pm

I wish you tenderness today, Erica. Coming toward the due date is harder than I thought it would be. All that I have left of her are tiny footprints and grief. We'll just soldier on, because what else can we do? And eventually it will get easier but that's not yet.

(((hugs))) - and prayers that next year at this time you will be holding a baby.

melissam

Postby melissam » Thu Nov 30, 2006 01:48 pm

Erica,

Happy birthday. I am so sorry that it is full of so much grief. The weeks and months leading up to my due date were the WORST. I think we can alrelate about wanting to fast forward through this time. I wish there were some way that I could help you, but having been there myself, I know there isn't.

You will get through this, it will be difficult, and we will be right here with you.

Many hugs and much love to you.

Return to “Grief and Loss”