Christmas/Holiday Traditions to include OUR babies

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
gilma

Re : Christmas/Holiday Traditions to include OUR babies

Postby gilma » Fri Dec 01, 2006 02:40 am

Grayson's first angel day is actually next week. We decided to have a "Christmas party" for his birthday. It's really a fundraiser for the PF. This way we will be celebrating his birthday as well as including him in our Christmas festivities. We're really excited about it!

froggie89

Postby froggie89 » Thu Nov 30, 2006 07:49 pm

Like my mom, I add a new dated ornament to the tree each year. I'm going to add a new ornament for my little angels each year along with a dated one. I have Alexander's crystal snowman we got in Red River last year and I got two angels for this year. I also bought new stockings this year for all of us that have our initials on them. It'll spell "SAMS" when they are hung up. Our church sells poinsettas each year and I'm getting one in memory of Alexander and Samantha. The flowers are given to homebound members if you want.

I also had flowers at the church around Alexander's angel day this year. I'll do that for both of them each year.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Thu Nov 30, 2006 06:44 pm

I have a few Christmas ornaments that I bought for Elliott...one is a beautiful blue star that I hang at the top of our tree. My sister bought flowers for the church alter last year in his memory...that was really touching. On last year's Christmas cards that I sent out...the front had a little angel on it...and I used a tiny rubber stamp - the letter "e" and stamped it on the little angels gown. I am sure that no one who received the cards even realize that it was there...but I knew it was there and it made me feel that Elliott was somehow included. This year...I am going to continue donating little blankets to NICU's in E's memory.

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Thu Nov 30, 2006 04:44 pm

We have a stocking that is up with the rest of the families but I LOVE the idea of notes etc for it. This year we are doing something a little different. At work we have 10 needs families. What money I would have spent of gifts for Katlyne I buy for the family instead. I will add a note to the present all about Katlyne etc.

I just found one of my favorite pictures of Katlyne the other day and I am having a christmas ornament made for our tree.

melissam

Postby melissam » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:42 am

I was actually just coming on here to post something about this. Kelsi was born December 30th and died New Years Day. Last year we asked our friends and family...and anyone really, to do something nice in her honor. It could be making a dontation to a charity, taking a plate of cookies to someone, planting a flower, anything. We got some really neat responses from it.

I am going to do the same again. The holiday's are hard enough and this is a great way to honor my sweet baby. I relly like your idea with the stocking. That is very neat.

aaronsmommy

Christmas/Holiday Traditions to include OUR babies

Postby aaronsmommy » Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:18 am

This is especially for those of you who have already done this, but I am interested to hear ANYONE'S ideas. We are trying to figure out things that we can do to incorporate Aaron into our Christmas and New Year's etc. Things that just the two of us can do or the whole family. One idea I had is we ordered him a stocking and we're going to take it to our Christmas gatherings and ask people that want to to write him a message or the kids to draw him a picture. I am going to have pieces of scrap book paper there so after we read them I can put them right into Aaron's scrapbook...We are also doing a toy drive in Aaron's memory that we will donate to the children's wing at a local hospital.

What have you do or do you plan to do...

Return to “Grief and Loss”