The Holidays are coming....

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
michellelhuston

Re : The Holidays are coming....

Postby michellelhuston » Thu Nov 16, 2006 10:19 am

I am so sorry for all you pain. I know the Holidays are rough! I hope that you can find peace and comfort and know that your little girl will be watching over you this season! Sending you many hugs!!!

belle8600

Postby belle8600 » Thu Nov 16, 2006 09:28 am

i know how you feel. my isablla was too be born on Dec. 22 of this year.we planned so much for her and i often dreampt about the holidays and having my little girl with me. my MIL already bought her a christmas outfit to wear. she had to return it when bella was not born alive. i hate the holidays now and alwaays did love them. this is so painful and fresh for me. i wiah ua all peace and a speedy holiday season

lisainnj

Postby lisainnj » Thu Nov 16, 2006 08:41 am

I'm so sorry. It must be hard on everyone at your house, and that probably makes it even harder for you. Since mine died before birth, it's me who knew them and feels the loss hardest. I hope that you will still be able to celebrate and find joy, mixed with the grief.

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Thu Nov 16, 2006 08:32 am

T, I will be thinking of you and your family, and all of the famillies here on the Grief and Loss Boards during the holidays, hoping you all have some peace and happiness. I am dreading my first holiday season without Griffin, the holidays have always been my favorite time of year, and I am trying to hold onto that. I listened to some Christmas music on my ipod this morning, and I actually smiled[:I].

melissam

Postby melissam » Thu Nov 16, 2006 00:28 am

Sending you many Hugs and lots of love T. The holidays are hard for me too. Kelsi would have been 2 on December 30th and will have been gone for 2 years on New Years Day. It is just crazy all the things we have gone through.

You will be in my thoughts and prayers as we get close to her birthday and the holidays.

squishy

Postby squishy » Thu Nov 16, 2006 00:17 am

I am so sorry for your pain and loss. I too am dreading the holidays this year and I had always loved the holidays so much. Now I just wish I could fast forward through them. This will be my first year without my daughter and the sting is unbearable at times. It is hard to put on a happy face for family and friends. It takes a great deal of energy and courage to do so. I wish I could take your pain away, please know that you are not alone during this season. So many of us are there with you. Take care.

angelkat

The Holidays are coming....

Postby angelkat » Wed Nov 15, 2006 10:14 pm

The worst time of the year is coming (for me at least) Here the whole family is together were suppose to reflect on our thankful year. Yes, I have so much to be thankful for.... I have a wonderful family. I have three healthy boys. I was so blessed to have 3 1.2 months of wonderful with Katlyne before she died.

Katlyne's fourth birthday is just around the corner (can you believe it's going to be 4 years>) I'm already starting to fear Thanksgiving two weeks later I was in the hospital, flying to another hospital and holding out what little hope was left. Hearing a little dog bark is the only sound I would ever hear from my little girl. Being so scared to see her in person that it took my husband to hold me up. Not wanting to leave her side, I stayed at the hospital for 12 hours a day and sometimes more. Most of the time just sitting there next to her because she was so unstable she wasn't able to be held. When we were finally able to hold her I never wanted to let go. I did whatever I could to let her know just how much we loved her. I never wanted her to feel alone. I wanted her to know someone was always with her.

Having to say good bye is one of the hardest things I ever had to do in my life.

NEVER DID I THINK.....

Never did I think I would have to take my daughter off life support. I thought she would beat the odds stacked up against her. Never did I think I would be sitting at a memorial service planned for her. Never did I think I would be sitting on the cold ground in a section of a cementary called BabyLand just to talk to my baby.

Never in a million years will I get over the pain inside of me of true heart break for my little girl.

Sorry to go on and on... As you can see the Holiday season is not so jolly for me and my family....

Return to “Grief and Loss”