Q's for those who've m/c'd

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
akemt

Re : Q's for those who've m/c'd

Postby akemt » Tue Oct 17, 2006 03:55 pm

Thanks, ladies. I'm doing fairly well...just kind tired. Thanks to all who've emailed, etc.

jenn
Forum Moderator

Postby jenn » Mon Oct 16, 2006 08:08 pm

Hey doll, I just wanted you to know I was thinking about you.

All my love, Jenn

annes
Forum Moderator

Postby annes » Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:06 am

Catherine, I am so sorry to hear about your loss, and what you went through. Take care of yourself.

sweetiesuzy

Postby sweetiesuzy » Sun Oct 15, 2006 10:13 pm

Catherine,

I am so sorry honey. Huge hugs and lots of love.

kara
Forum Moderator

Postby kara » Sun Oct 15, 2006 11:42 am

Catherine,
I am so sorry for your loss and all that goes with it. I do hope you are feeling physically better and that the bleeding is slowing. How sweet of your sister in law to be with you.

annbaby3

Postby annbaby3 » Sun Oct 15, 2006 02:44 am

So sorry for your loss. Just wanted you to know I'm thinking of you.

lalam17

Postby lalam17 » Sat Oct 14, 2006 05:18 pm

Everyone has a different experience. The one piece of advice I would give to anyone is that if you are saturating a pad every hour, having a fast heartbeat (>100), or getting dizzy when standing up, then you may need to go to have a DC to stop the bleeding. With so many of us being "high risk" and being anticoagulated with Aspirin or Heparin, the risk of heavy bleeding increases. I had hoped to have a natural MC, but was bleeding so heavily that I had to have an emergency DC. I was soaking a super overnight pad every 10min when I finally gave up all my pride and tried a full coverage Depends Brief. This provided about thirty minutes of protection. I tried to take a shower before going to the hospital but was passing cup size clots and when the stream of blood was more than a typical stream of urine, I quickly sought help--even though I very much wanted a natural process and no instrumentation. I did feel relief once it was all over and the uncertainty was done. Catherine, I hope you are doing well. My thoughts and prayers are with you and I hope that you have found some relief now that the waiting is over.

missgamecock

Postby missgamecock » Sat Oct 14, 2006 01:27 pm

I am so sorry. But I am glad that you had someone with you and that the waiting is over with.

ileana

Postby ileana » Sat Oct 14, 2006 01:18 pm

Oh, my, Catherine, I am so sorry! As is the emotional part of it is not enough!

Hang out there! <Hugs>

akemt

Postby akemt » Sat Oct 14, 2006 01:06 pm

Well, all I can say is that the "heavy period" description is not accurate at all for the actual "miscarriage" part, though perhaps for the days (or weeks?) afterward. If it weren't for what Lisa had said about a pad not containing it, I think I'd have thought I was dying and rushed to the hospital! Even so, I considered it strongly. Luckily my sil had made it into town and had had a similar experience so I knew to just hang out in the bathroom. Personally, I think I'd take a D&C or D&S over those 4 hours of natural miscarriage any day. Looking back, yah, it was just a few hours, but they were the most awful hours ever...and I was fairly over the emotional part by that point.

Return to “Grief and Loss”