What are you grateful for?

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
amillhouse

Re : What are you grateful for?

Postby amillhouse » Sat Apr 29, 2006 04:52 pm

I am grateful for all the many trials that, through pain, have made me so much stronger. I am grateful to have known my son personally and become a better person because of him. I am grateful for my beautiful daughter who has brought a new sparkle to my eyes. I am grateful for my DH who loves me in spite of me. I am grateful for all of you.

gossamer

Postby gossamer » Sat Apr 29, 2006 00:56 am

I am so grateful that my life was visited for a short time by a precious little angel named Mary Rose. I am grateful that her father and I were able to keep our marriage strong and intact. I am grateful that my little angel girl picked out a perfect little brother who got to stay with us for at least 6 months now. I am grateful that my little angel girl helped open my eyes to the invisible population of the grieving and has shown me how to comfort and support those in need. I am grateful for the strength that prayer, family and friends gave me that helped me get through the darkest hours of my life. I am grateful that I can smile with pure joy, even while thinking of my little angel girl.
Gossamer

heatherbbb

Postby heatherbbb » Fri Apr 28, 2006 10:37 pm

I am grateful for the time I had with Seth and for my second son Joshua who is healthy. I am grateful for my husband and am grateful that we pulled together during Seth's NICU stay and death. I am so grateful to this Forum and especially the support I found here during my second pregnancy.

gilma

Postby gilma » Fri Apr 21, 2006 11:25 am

I am grateful for all 3 of my children. Although one is no longer with us, he is in out hearts. I am grateful for the fact that we have pictures of him that we can look at anytime we want. (A lot of people don't even have that.) I am grateful for my husband who loves me and takes better care of me than I could ever hope to myself (especially when I am not taking care of him the way I should be.) I am grateful that my 2 living children came through PE with absolutely no complications whatsoever. I am grateful for a doc that saw me through 3 very difficult pregnancies. While there are times I wonder if she was aggresive enough in the 3rd one, she got me out of all 3 alive (when in reality I was on my deathbed in 2.) I am grateful for family and friends that love me and care about me enough to allow me to feel, think, be, and act anyway I need to with no questions asked (unless it's how can I help!) I am grateful for this place and you all. No matter how or what I feel, I know that there is a place I can go where someone knows, understands, and most importantly shares. BIG thanks ALWAYS.

princess purr

Postby princess purr » Fri Apr 21, 2006 08:17 am

I'm greatful for my husband, i'm very greatful I got to hear Veronica cry and that I do have a daughter regardless of that fact that she is no longer living. I'm greatful that I made it out of preeclampsia with working liver/kidneys.
I'm greatful for this foundation and the infant loss message board I go to. I couldn't have made it through with out the support
I'm greatful that I am able to help others with there greif.

julie f

Postby julie f » Fri Apr 21, 2006 02:21 am

I am grateful for this life and the opprtunities that I've been given. I am so grateful for my two sons, they have both changed my life and taught me so much. I am grateful for a husband that loves me even when I'm awful. I am grateful for my parents and the childhood they provided. I am grateful for this Foundation, the work that it does, the women I've met, the support that it offers.

Much love to you girls,

miracle3

Postby miracle3 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 05:31 pm

I'm grateful for everyday. I am a single mother of 3 going through a divorce. It took me awhile and almost losing my daughter to realize that I have alot to be grateful for. Some of my days are so stressful I don't know how I ever do it. However, deep down I am grateful for every single mess, every cry, every kiss, every smile, and every day that I have the chance to see, hear, and expeince that. I am grateful for my mother who has helped in so many ways. I am grateful for a friend in my life who has been on the other end of the phone every night that I have cried myself to sleep. I am grateful for all of you who have taken the chance to read this post. ((HUGS))

fnaz

Postby fnaz » Thu Apr 20, 2006 05:22 pm

I m grateful to have my family and friends who supported me in good n bad times. i m grateful for being alive , i m grateful that GOD gave us a little boy...although he left us so soon..but he was with us for a while. We have so many things to cherish ,to love and to be thankful and grateful that we cant even count.

timelessbeauty

Postby timelessbeauty » Wed Apr 19, 2006 07:21 pm

I am grateful for being alive, also. To be able to smell the changes of the season in the wind, to feel the warm sun, to stare skyward looking at clouds, to breathe in and out every day, to hug and love my children, even if for one it's only in my heart.

I am grateful for my experiences because they have made me the person I am today. I am grateful to be a part of this organization and have an opportunity to help others.

I am grateful just to be grateful.

rosemary
Forum Moderator

Postby rosemary » Wed Apr 19, 2006 05:52 pm

I am grateful that we have a 'place' as this site to find answers, to vent, to find others who have been through what we have so we don't feel so alone at times. I am grateful for surviving PE/HELLP and for having the strength to deal with losing a child. And most of all, for my amazing daughter who has been there every step of the way. In less than a month she will graduate from high school - what an incredible journey it has been.

Alicia - thanks for posting this...it's good at times to stop and acknowledge the good things - even when the bad can seem to overshadow.

Return to “Grief and Loss”