1-year birthday

A place for those bereaved to receive and offer support
melissam

Re : 1-year birthday

Postby melissam » Mon May 25, 637367 5:56 am

Miranda,

I delivered just after your little one died. [:(] She didn't make it either [:(] So we are coming up on her one year birthday as well.

We have asked all our family and friends to do a special deed in her memory. It can be anything at all. Some have been making donations to the PE Foundation.

On her birthday we will go to the NICU and donate some more dresses and little blankets. We are going to have a birthday party with a cake and balloons. I think we will write messages on the balloons and release them. All our family lives clear across the country so it will be just my husband, DD and I. We might have some close familys over as well. But it will be small.

Good luck and please let us know what you decide to do.

cassie05

Postby cassie05 » Mon May 25, 637367 4:23 am

Sending you many thoughts and prayers.

Little Garrett was such an adorable little man.

lorelei

Postby lorelei » Mon May 25, 637367 1:46 am

I am sure some of the other moms can share some ideas. I just wanted to let you know I am thinking of you as his birth & death anniversaries are coming. I looked at the pictures (in your siggy) and he is a beautiful little boy!

(((HUGS)))

miranda childers

1-year birthday

Postby miranda childers » Mon May 25, 637367 1:35 am

Well, we did it. My husband and I have made it almost 1 whole year since our little angel Garrett was born and died. Part of me feels like it has been forever and another part of me feels as though all this happened yesterday.

We want to do something extra special on Dec. 19th to celebrate his life and to honor his memory. Does ANYONE have some suggestions for me? We'd love to do something with just the 2 of us and also something with close friends and family members.

I would appreciate absolutely any ideas you have to share.

Thanis in advance!

Return to “Grief and Loss”