Hello... remember me? Update time! :-)

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
denise

Re : Hello... remember me? Update time! :-)

Postby denise » Wed Apr 08, 637333 4:55 pm

Great to see you again Sharel!! Hope you can find your way here more often in the future!!

-------
Denise (28) Co-coordinator for WI
Jason (32)
Ariana (20 months)-born 5/3/03 at just shy of 35 weeks due to HELLP/PE

http://hometown.aol.com/scrapperlang/Home.htm

sarab
Site Admin

Postby sarab » Mon Mar 16, 637333 4:14 pm

Sharel! So good to "see" you again!! It sounds like you have had a rough few months, I'm sorry. But I'm so glad that things are going well for you now!

I think it's wonderful that you are sharing your story and touching the lives of other women. Let us know how things are going...

Sara, 24
Local Coordinator, Utah
Moderator, "After Your Baby is Born"

DH, Scott, 26
Maggie Lylas, 6/9/03 29 weeks, severe superimposed pe
Logan Scott, due 1st week March 2005

http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/maggielylas/

kdreher

Postby kdreher » Sat Mar 14, 637333 3:50 pm

HI Sharel...glad to see you are back. You have lots to catch up on..many of us (including me) are newly pregnant so 2005 will be a busy year here and others had their 2005 babies, like Sara and Julie!
Seems as though you and dh bounced back through your job issues, but that's what we do..figure life out, right!

Kris (35)
DH, Tom (34)
Connecticut, USA

Tyler 3-9-95 to 3-23-95 (26 wks severe pe/HELLP)
Got a BFP for a 2005 miracle!

tkstevens@sbcglobal.net

5thtymachrm

Postby 5thtymachrm » Wed Mar 04, 637333 11:08 pm

Hi Sharel!! So nice to see you back! Congrats on the new job for you and dh, I sure sounds like things are on the rise. That is so wonderful about your presentation!!

Elizabeth
WA State Co-Coordinator
Indigo E. 11/20/03 csec,PE,IUGR,chronic HBP,hypothyroid,asthma,HG,33wks on BR. 5 m/c's;
baby-pea edd: 9/12/05

paljane8

Postby paljane8 » Wed Mar 04, 637333 8:07 pm

So great to hear from you, Sharel! Your little guy has come a long way, eh? Amazing!

Nancy Eastwood

akemt

Postby akemt » Wed Mar 04, 637333 7:53 pm

LOL...made me cry too! Glad to have you around more,

Catherine (23), Moderator
DH Britton (28)
Emma Margaret (03/02/03) 37 wks PIH & Oligo
Lara Julianne (07/31/04) 38 wks Borderline PIH

sweetiesuzy

Postby sweetiesuzy » Wed Mar 04, 637333 5:54 pm

Its great to hear from you! I am happy that things have changed and started to get more back to normal for you guys. Great news about the MOPS group [:)]

Hugs,
Suzanna

------------------------
Aaryngston ~ 3/25/95
Chloe Rose ~ 10/26/01 Stillbirth
Samuel Isaac ~ 12/30/02
Laura Elise ~ 7/19/04

"Friends are quiet angels who lift us to our feet when our wings have
trouble remembering how to fly"
-Marion Beatty

ileana

Postby ileana » Wed Mar 04, 637333 5:49 pm

Hey Sharel, I've been thinking of you... Actually I was hoping that the reason you did not post lately was that you were finally able to adopt and had no spare time. Sorry for the job loss, but many congrats on the new one!

Much love!

Ileana
IT Coordinator
Preeclampsia Foundation

Mother of Angel - stillborn on Feb 17, 2003 (24wGA, 410g)

tommysmommy21004

Postby tommysmommy21004 » Wed Mar 04, 637333 3:00 pm

That's great, Sharel!! Way to get the word out!! Glad to have you back and to hear that things are going better for you!!

Deanna Smith-Powers (30)

Mommy to Thomas James, b.2/10/04 @ 34 weeks due to severe pre-e and HELLP syndrome
Diagnosed with prothrombin genetic mutations-12/28/04

angelical

Hello... remember me? Update time! :-)

Postby angelical » Wed Mar 04, 637333 12:08 pm

First I have to say how sorry I am to be away from the forum for so long. For the past seven years, I have been blessed with a job with a lot of down time & ease of use of the internet, which I used quite a bit to stay up to date here. However, in September, half of our federal funding was lost, and my department went the way of the dinosaurs. That wouldnt have been so devastating, but just a couple months prior, my dh lost his job too.

So you can imagine how crazy my life has been this fall/winter. Between the reeling effect of job loss and trying to get back to par financially and emotionally, I have had to cut back on a lot of the extra stuff I did. I just couldn't do it all, you know?

So, now the good news.... Life is getting back to normal. A new normal. Both dh & I are into new jobs. I have one right now thru a temp firm that will be going permanant very soon. It is with a "major financial institution", so I should be in good shape for the future.

Aaron, our pree baby, is now 2 1/2 years old. I can't believe how big he's getting. We have been blessed with a wonderful, smart child. As ornery as...well, I don't know what. But that's good too, I suppose. Despite being a 2 lb 5oz, 28 weeker, he's in the 60th percentile for height & weight. Amazing.

If you made it this far into this book, I'd like to end with a short item actually relating to preeclampsia. I am a member of a Mothers of Preschoolers group (MOPS), and offered to talk to the group about pree/HELLP. I did so last week, and it went wonderful. I told them my story, talked about the "signs & symptoms", implored them to watch & talk with sisters and friends, and showed pictures of me blown up like a balloon. Overall it went beautifully. I even made one woman cry. [8)] Afterwards the cryer sent me a card that says:

I just had to send you this note to say thank you for such a wonderful presentation. It touched my heart so much. God has truly blessed you and Kevin with a beautiful boy. I thanked God for allowing everything to work out. He had a purpose for you and I think I saw it at MOPS tonight. My sister-in-law is pregnant now and I'll make sure that this information is passed on to her. Thank you again.

I think that is EXACTLY what I was hoping for: at least one woman willing to spread the word.

Good luck to you all, and I'll try to come back more often now.

Sharel

------------------------
Sharel O'Connell
Local coordinator for Pittsburgh area
'Parents of Preemies' co-moderator
Survivor of Preeclampsia, HELLP Syndome, & preemie parenting
Future adoptive mom

Aaron (28 weeker, 5/2/02) -- my tiny guy is TWO!
Kevin - DH

Return to “Ask the Experienced”