Post partum pre eclampsia

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
saara

Re: Post partum pre eclampsia

Postby saara » Sun Jul 23, 2017 04:37 pm

The current recommendation is to deliver after 37 weeks even for just mild PE. Ask your doctor what his/her criteria is for delivery and whether you should move forward now rather than waiting for things to get severe.

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: Post partum pre eclampsia

Postby alviarin » Tue Feb 21, 2017 02:25 am

Hi Jessica, welcome to the forums!

I found an "ask the expert" response you might be interested in, talking about postpartum preeclampsia:
http://www.preeclampsia.org/forum/viewt ... 24&p=58286

I'm glad to hear you are being pro-active. I wish I knew more about picking a therapist, but best of luck in your journey!
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

jessica.hawley-gamer

Post partum pre eclampsia

Postby jessica.hawley-gamer » Sat Feb 04, 2017 09:37 pm

This is such a wonderful forum- thank you in advance!

I am wondering what the rate of reoccurrence is for second pregnancy for post partum pre eclampsia? I have read that the percentages go down the later you get pre eclampsia during pregnancy but couldn't find the percentage for post partum reoccurrence.

Also- I had postpartum pre eclampsia which did not need much med management after I was discharged. My BP went down to 100/70 after discharge and then I developed severe anxiety with checking my BP (blood pressure cuff phobia) and so my doctor who specializes in Pre E believed my pressures to be falsely elevated with stress (130/90 with HIGH heart rate and feeling of a panic attack during each reading). Now I am 16 months post partum and haven't check my BP since it went back down (never was higher than 130/90, last reading was 112/85. Because of my severe anxiety we felt it was okay enough to stop taking BP readings. The anxiety of taking my BP was affecting my life and I really needed to focus on my brand new wonderful baby instead of stressing out constantly.

My husband and I want one more baby very badly and want to wait the recommended two years to get pregnant again. I am trying to do what I can to get over my fear of taking my BP for my seoncd pregnancy since I will need to monitor myself. I am going to start behavioral therapy (any suggestions of what kind of therapist to look for?) and I'm running a marathon in October to prepare for a very healthy second pregnancy.

Thank you for any suggestions/advice! Having this community will be very helpful to feel safe for number two!

Sincerely,
Jessica

Return to “Ask the Experienced”