Pregnant again after early term pre-e

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: Pregnant again after early term pre-e

Postby alviarin » Sun Dec 04, 2016 07:30 pm

Congratulations, and welcome to the forums!

You could ask your OB about the possibility of taking baby aspirin:
https://www.uspreventiveservicestaskfor ... medication

If you are diabetic or pre-diabetic (or hypothyroid like me) of course talk to your health care provider about the best way to manage any possible underlying health conditions during pregnancy.

The good news is that if preeclampsia does strike again it is usually later in gestation or less severe. The theory is that subsequent pregnancies/placentas are able to take advantage of uterine artery remodeling work that was done by the first pregnancy, and maybe that's why things tend to go better.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

kelsey.wilcox

Pregnant again after early term pre-e

Postby kelsey.wilcox » Sun Dec 04, 2016 02:31 am

I had my son at 30 weeks 6 days do to onset of pre-eclampsia. Just found out I'm pregnant again after not quite 2 years. I'm am overweight (400lbs) which I know increases my risks of not just having the pre-e again but other complications. Wondering if anyone else has had a second pregnancy after earlier term pre-e and if so what steps were taken to help prevent it occurring again in next pregnancy

Return to “Ask the Experienced”