Preeclampsia without symptoms

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
EJHVW

Re: Preeclampsia without symptoms

Postby EJHVW » Tue Sep 27, 2016 10:35 pm

thank you for kind words

jenh

Postby jenh » Tue Sep 27, 2016 05:23 am

I am so sorry for your loss.

There is nothing you did or failed to do that caused you to have preeclampsia. It is indeed a problem with the placenta, and begins at implantation before you even know you are pregnant. Even very healthy women can get it.
Jen
Wife to Brett 6/30/02
Mom to Ethne Joy 10/12/03, 35 weeks, severe PE
Mom to Catie Grace 12/8/06, 37 weeks, mild PE
Mom to Riley Faith and Gavin Arthur 7/7/09, 36 weeks, PIH 22 weeks, PE 31 weeks, severe post partum PE
Mom to four angels Grace (12/15/05), Ian (7/28/08), Declan (5/23/15), and Lucy (11/24/15)

EJHVW

Postby EJHVW » Sun Sep 11, 2016 03:25 pm

Good day,

Thank you for your reply, it is so weird, my case was indeed rare, But after my real gynecologist came back to his practice he noticed that my child has loosened weight and the replacement didn't take notice of that. I keep looking for info and if a baby drops weight suddenly it is a sign something is wrong. In my case, It could have been prevented if they took the child out if they have noticed the weight change .There must be something with the placenta that made easier to loose wich made possible to my child to die. I didn't start shaking as far as I know I had general anesthesia but maybe it will be good If I know.

You are blessed you still have your child with you. Are they taking any prevention with you right now are they given you any treatments?

joanna.pikul

Postby joanna.pikul » Fri Sep 09, 2016 06:45 pm

Hi. This is such a sad news, I feel so sorry!

I had my previous pregnancy the same as you, healthy, always perfect blood pressure and never proteins in urine. At the labour day I started to shake suddenly and couldn't stop this, my pressure went high too high and they discovered protein in urine. I was diagnosed with preeclampsia even though I never had any symptoms throughout whole pregnancy. They have managed to drop my pressure after a big fight and I delivered my daughter naturally but even 3 years after I don't understandhow I had preeclampsia that only happened 1 day? Now I am second time pregnant and already at high risk..

Postby Guest » Sun Aug 28, 2016 06:41 pm

Hi there, I know we connected via email already, but just wanted to express my sympathy to you publicly as well since you connected here. Hopefully some of the other ladies will pop in and share their stories with you too.

thank you

laney_p
Forum Moderator

Postby laney_p » Fri Aug 26, 2016 06:23 pm

Hi there, I know we connected via email already, but just wanted to express my sympathy to you publicly as well since you connected here. Hopefully some of the other ladies will pop in and share their stories with you too.
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

EJHVW

Preeclampsia without symptoms

Postby EJHVW » Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:55 pm

Dear all

Last 26 of July 2016 we lost a son after 39.5 weeks healthy pregnancy. in my 7th trimester, I had pregnancy edema, swollen feet, nothing else. In 9 months pregnancy I never showed any sign of preeclampsia that is listed , no hypertension my blood pressure was always perfect, no protein in the urine, no fever, no headache, no stars, no blurry vision no dizziness nothing. On 26th of July, I felt a heavy pain , a menstrual pain, a pain I describe as constant not like the contractions suppose to be. then I felt the contraction 40 seconds every two minutes we went to the hospital , there were no doctors around to help us ( operate me) they were able to operate me 45 mins later.
I had a sky high blood pressure 164/93. I had protein in my urine the blood pressure was so high that it made the placenta got loose and I lost my child 5 minutes before he was taken out he lost blood and oxygen. Again I didn't have ANY sign of preeclampsia, Was my first child, Doctors can't explain to me what happened. Please, I need a clue. Wat did they miss? my boy was 2440 gram I had a very healthy diet , no salt , no junk . Fruit , vegetables, lean meat, soup with a lot of veggies , salads. I am 1.53 my boy was 50.43 cm I have a small pelvis but the replacement of my gynecologist make any appointment cause she wanted my gynecologist back . How come the preeclampsia was sudden and nobody ever noticed anything.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”