Pregnant and Scared

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: Pregnant and Scared

Postby alviarin » Wed Aug 03, 2016 01:42 am

I'm so sorry you are dealing with fear and uncertainty at this time. Unfortunately preeclampsia/ HELLP syndrome often robs us of the joy of a normal pregnancy.

If I were in your wife's shoes, I would try to get a referral to a MFM ASAP to ask how this pregnancy should be managed (and to get a better idea of what the risks are based on your wife's medical history). https://www.smfm.org. MFMs have more experience with high risk pregnancies, and tend to see the more complicated cases.

Also I would talk to your OB about the possibility of taking baby aspirin: http://www.uspreventiveservicestaskforc ... medication

(I moved your post to the Ask the Experienced Forum so you would get more views and hopefully more responses)
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

eric.lucyk

Pregnant and Scared

Postby eric.lucyk » Thu Jul 28, 2016 07:07 pm

I am scared to death. My wife had HELLP sydrome at 20 weeks in my first pregnancy and lost my son. She had preeclampsia in second pregnancy starting at 26 weeks. Fortunately she was able to make it to 30 weeks before delivering my beautiful daughter who is healthy mostly with some very minor issues. I have had 3 doctors told her not to get pregnant again. She was supposed to start BC next week. We are both so stupid and we know it. She is pregnant and we are torn because as much as we would love to have another child I don't know that it's possible without some very serious life threatening risks for her and the child. We have a huge decision to make and both options make me completely sick. On one hand I could use my wife and child. On the other hand I hate thinking about abortion. What my question is what can we do to do everything we can to make this a successful pregnancy?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”