20 weeks, High risk for Pre-e, should I stop nursing?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
alviarin
Forum Moderator

Re: 20 weeks, High risk for Pre-e, should I stop nursing?

Postby alviarin » Fri Apr 29, 2016 02:03 pm

My son self-weaned during my second pregnancy since my supply dropped, so I didn't have to face this issue myself.

Howwever I would tend to trust my doctors. Would you feel more at peace with weaning if your doctors were better able to explain their rationale?

Please let us know what you find out.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

whereowhere

20 weeks, High risk for Pre-e, should I stop nursing?

Postby whereowhere » Mon Apr 25, 2016 05:31 am

I was told by my MFM and my OB that I should stop nursing my daughter by 20 weeks pregnant. I am at high risk for PRE-e having lost twins from severe preeclampsia at 21 weeks in my first pregnancy. I had no complications in my subsequent pregnancy. Now I am pregnant again and I don't feel ready to stop nursing my daughter. I feel like getting pre-e in and of itself of course can bring on preterm labor, but nursing wouldn't "cause" pre-e, so how can I be considered high risk for preterm labor outside of getting pre-e. Any thoughts or experience from anyone here?
Ectopic Pregnancy-2010

Miscarriage-2011

Lost my beautiful boy & girl twins at 21 weeks to severe preeclampsia-2012
Mommy & Daddy will love you forever my sweet babies!

Delivered a healthy baby girl at exactly 37 weeks, planned c-section due to prior fibroid surgery, pre-e free! Had some hypertension post-partum but resolved with BP meds.

Pregnant again, baby boy due Sept 8, planned c-section in mid-August 2016. So far so good.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”