Atryn for Early Preeclampsia?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
eleni
Site Admin

Re: Atryn for Early Preeclampsia?

Postby eleni » Wed Dec 28, 2016 06:47 pm

Hi Claudia,

Not sure if your question was answered elsewhere, but just in case not... The Atryn study (PRESERVE-1) recently concluded enrollment and the data is being analyzed. We expect to see results soon. It is still a few steps away from clinical availability, but if the findings are positive we may see this used for early onset preeclampsia to extend pregnancies for a little while, giving baby more time to mature. We'll certainly be posting results on our website, so stay tuned...

I realize that may not help for anybody currently pregnant, but it may be available within the next couple of years.

Best wishes,
Eleni
Eleni Z. Tsigas
Executive Director
Preeclampsia Foundation

2x PE survivor; 29 week daughter died, 35 week IUGR son made it after 2 weeks of NICU fun; 3rd pregnancy PE-free resulted in strapping 8 pounder son, born at term.

ClaudiaAFernandez

Atryn for Early Preeclampsia?

Postby ClaudiaAFernandez » Sun Apr 24, 2016 08:53 pm

Sorry to post this on 2 different forums....

I am 29 weeks Today, had PE on my first pregnancy at 36 weeks, 15 years later I am pregnant again, excited and worried also for the possiblity of getting PE for the second time, the big difference is that I entered on this pregnancy with chronic High BP, the Dr changed my BP meds for metildopa.. I have had a few jumps on my BP but still considered as controlled by the doctors, I know these weeks are the most critical for my baby and really just hoping the best to reach the 32nd week mark... but still I want to learn more about how my pregnancy can be prolonged in case that I get PE soon...

I read about a study with Atryn (Antithrombin III) on this site: http://www.preserve-1.org. seems to be on the third phase... has someone has been medicated with this drug? I know that this is related with heporin and other anti coagulants....the study only considered women with early severe preeclampsia (24-28 weeks) and the goal is to see if the treatment can prolong their pregnancy without adverse effects...

Return to “Ask the Experienced”