What do these results mean

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
laney_p
Forum Moderator

Re: What do these results mean

Postby laney_p » Wed Dec 02, 2015 04:09 pm

Hey Rae,

Sorry to hear what you are going through; it can be very difficult to have so many things that the doctors are watching. I'm not a doctor or a medical professional, but it looks like they've done a standard urine workup to look for traces of protein in your urine, which of course can be a sign that your kidneys might be affected. As a chronic hypertensive, they'll be watching you closely. I'm assuming that the values on the far right your values, with the ones in the middle being the comparison range that you should be in? It looks like you have traces of protein, and some ketones, which could just mean that your blood sugar was slightly elevated. In a chronic hypertensive, they may not be overly concerned about any of this. All the other values are negative, so that's good. But they are still going to watch you closely of course. And again, restating that I'm not a doctor!

Let us know how you are doing today!
Director of Community Relations for the Preeclampsia Foundation
*does not provide any medical advice*
for more information, please visit www.preeclampsia.org

La Directora de las Relaciones con la Comunidad
*no ofrece consejo médico*
Se habla español
Para mas información, por favor visite: www.preeclampsia.org/es

rae.tanquary

What do these results mean

Postby rae.tanquary » Tue Dec 01, 2015 09:06 pm

I'm 43 chronic hbp. Was in ICU for 2 weeks last year because they couldn't control my BP and I was in kidney failure.

31w

I found out that I have cervical displaying III amd 11 tumors in my uterus. I was not supposed to be able to get pregnant and went for my preop ultrasound for hysterectomy. That's when I found out that after going 21 yrs without becoming pregnant, I was currently pregnant with twins. I lost one at 9 weeks.

So, when I was pregnant with my son over 21 yrs ago I had preeclampsia and he was taken at 37 weeks becuase of my BP.. was very healthy. 7lb 10oz

This pregnancy started with me not even having to take my BP meds for 3 months. Now in the morning my BP readings usually around 170/105... went to LnD yesterday because I just haven't been feeling good at all... blurred vision but really only in one eye, so I'm not sure how significant that is. No epi pain, very nauseous, no significant swelling (I've lost around 13lbs since becoming pregnant). I've had contractions very consistent usually 3-6 min apart since 28 weeks.. they say it's from my tumors, one of which is medium size compaired to my others but sits between placenta and uterine wall. Baby is sitting at 11th percentile for weight... (starting to concern them). Also dilated to 2 and 50% efaced since 28w.

Currently doing my 2nd 24 hour, first was about 8 weeks ago and turned out fine.

What do these results mean though from my regular Urinalysis test at the hospital yesterday?

URINALYSIS WITH REFLEX TO MICROSCOPIC EXAMINATION -

Component Standard Range Your Value
Color of Urine [none] Amber
URINE APPEARANCE Clear Slightly Cloudy
Specific Gravity, Urine 1.001-1.035 1.033
PH URINE 5.0-8.0. 5.0
PROTEIN URINE Negative mg/dL 100
Glucose Urine Negative mg/dL Negative
KETONES URINE Negative mg/dL Trace
BILIRUBIN URINE Negative. Small
BLOOD URINE Negative Negative
NITRITE URINE Negative Negative
UROBILINOGEN URINE <2.0 EU/dL 2.0
LEUKOCYTE ESTERASE URINE. Negative Negative
WHITE BLOOD CELLS URINE 0-5 /HPF 0-5
RED BLOOD CELLS URINE 0-3 /HPF None
BACTERIA URINE None Seen /HPF Occasional
Squamous Epithelial Cells Occasional /HPF Occasional
MUCUS [none] /HPF Many
AMORPHOUS CRYSTALS None Seen /HPF Present

Should I be concerned at all?

I'm not feeling good today either...

Forgot to mention I take 200 mg labetalol 3x a day and 30 mg procardia once a day.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”