Lab Tests

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Re: Lab Tests

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun Jun 21, 2015 09:27 am

Welcome. It can be helpful to have a pre-conception appointment with your OB or MFM (high risk OB) to review labs that may have been done in your previous pregnancy as well as labs to look for any underlying issues. When you become pregnant, it is common to do a 24 hour catch early in your pregnancy to get a baseline of any protein.

Best of luck and keep posted as you're able!
Lauren
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

kerric

Lab Tests

Postby kerric » Sat Jun 20, 2015 01:46 am

Hi Folks,

I had pre eclampsia at 38w1d with my son who was born in November (he was born at 38w5d). I do plan to start trying to conceive again next year and I was wondering what labs are important to have reviewed. I've been a lurker for a while, it's nice to finally make myself known lol

Thanks,
Kerri

Return to “Ask the Experienced”