Deep breaths...

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
caryn
Forum Moderator

Re: Deep breaths...

Postby caryn » Tue Jan 20, 2015 10:51 pm

Terrified is *completely normal*. With my pregnancies after PE I didn't mention how I was pregnant to, like, anyone, unless I had to or it was after week 30 or so. It can feel very tentative for the whole time, and that's okay.

I second the recommendation to consult with MFMs right away. You can find some near to you here: http://www.smfm.org (there's a physician finder.)

Please keep us posted. These subsequent pregnancies are nerve-wracking.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

KetchupSpud

Re: Deep breaths...

Postby KetchupSpud » Tue Jan 20, 2015 01:11 am

I am so very sorry for your loss. I lost twin sons in August after they were born at 23w5d due to severe pre-e. While we haven't tried again yet, I think about it and (think) we plan to soon. I'm sure you'll have a nerve wracking 9 months ahead of you, but I wish nothing but the best for you and your little one. I know there are lots of women on here who have had successful pregnancies after pre-e - I use their stories as my motivation, hope, and inspiration - so hopefully they'll come on soon to share their experiences. Have you met with a high risk doctor? Some recommend various things during future pregnancies, so it's certainly worth talking to one. For me, my high risk has said she'll have me on low dose aspirin (some research says it's more beneficial if you take it at bedtime) and Lovenox for future pregnancies, even though I don't have any clotting problems they've been able to find, but different docs have different recommendations for different people.

Good luck! I'll be thinking of you! Please keep us informed about how you do!
Mama to Logan Patrick (8/23/14-8/26/14) & Bryce Anthony (8/23/14-9/13/14), frateral twins born at 23w5d due to severe pre-e turning into HELLP.
Hoping for a rainbow in Sept '16.

molcar21

Deep breaths...

Postby molcar21 » Mon Jan 19, 2015 04:18 pm

Last summer I delievered my gorgeous second daughter stillborn. Severe early onset PE at 30 weeks. A perfectly normal first pregnancy 2 years prior, same father, and no underlying conditions. My heart still aches for her every single day, but the pain is no where near as intense.
I just found out I am pregnant again. Very early, only 5 weeks. Scared, is an understatement. I know there are several women, who have went on to have PE free or mild PE pregnancys with significantly better outcomes. I'm hopeful, I'm optimistic, but I'm also terrified. One day at a time.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”