Two Losses Due to Preeclampsia- Surrogacy???

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
Registered User
Posts: 24
Joined: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:16 am

Re: Two Losses Due to Preeclampsia- Surrogacy???

Postby Mari2013 » Tue Jan 21, 2014 04:16 pm

Robin, I am sorry for the loss of your daughter and your son. My doctor did suggest a surrogate for me if I want to have a second child. I do think it is a good idea to do a consult with a perinatologist (high risk OB) and a reproductive endocrinologist (OB to help with fertility treatments and surrogacy) so you can go over all your options and decide what is best for you and your family
Mom to one amazing toddler girl, delivered at 28 weeks due to severe HELLP.

Forum Moderator
Posts: 598
Joined: Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:54 pm

Re: Two Losses Due to Preeclampsia- Surrogacy???

Postby MomTimesThree » Mon Jan 20, 2014 09:46 pm

I am so very sorry for the losses of your sweet babies. No mother should ever have to endure the ache- and twice.. I can only imagine. My thoughts are with your family.

If you haven't already you might want to meet with a high risk doctor to discuss your unique situation- and to review your records so they have a thorough picture as well as any testing for underlying causes. They'll be able to offer you the best picture of where you stand and that information might go a long way in deciding what the best way forward is for you. I do t have the link right with me but you can find a listing of high risk doctors at the society for maternal and fetal medicine (just google em).

No matter the route that you choose I wish you much peace and hope you will update as you are able.

2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

Registered User
Posts: 5
Joined: Mon Jan 20, 2014 7:10 pm

Two Losses Due to Preeclampsia- Surrogacy???

Postby robin1021 » Mon Jan 20, 2014 07:00 pm

My daughter Jasmine was born 1 pound 2.5 ounces at 24 weeks into my pregnancy. She was so amazing and doing so well. :D She spent 2 1/2 months in the hospital and finally made it home but passed away from SIDS in 2001. In 2003 I tried again and had my son Jordan. He was born 1 pound 2.5 ounces as well at 26 weeks and was very sick. Unfortunately he never made it home. He lived 28 days. I had preeclampsia with both of them. Just typing this brings sadness to my heart. I's been so many years and I would like to try again. Mainly because I don't think I received proper care with my son. I didn't see a high risk doctor and was not put on any meds or anything so I want to try again. However my sister has also offered to carry the baby and we have the money to do it. I'm trying to figure out what's best. Should I try again or let my sister carry the baby? Thanks.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 8 guests