Missed a dose?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Re: Missed a dose?

Postby MomTimesThree » Tue May 08, 2012 00:17 am

Thanks- good to know I'm not alone. I'm hoping that's maybe what happened, still spiking a bit each day.

Yes.. I felt very geriatric buying mine today... but like you said. Whatever helps. :)
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

Iheartjulio

Re: Missed a dose?

Postby Iheartjulio » Mon May 07, 2012 09:02 pm

I have occasionally missed a dose and usually see a spike shortly afterwards or sometimes the next day. I also got myself a pill box (like an old lady lol) to keep myself from forgetting. That helps me remember and if I do forgot I know exactly when!
[color=#FF0000]Mom to Isabella born 4/20/2011 delivered via c section due to sever Pre-E at 29 weeks 5 days.
Starting TTC again[/color]
MC 09/09/2011

MomTimesThree
Forum Moderator

Missed a dose?

Postby MomTimesThree » Sun May 06, 2012 02:07 am

Hi There,

I'm hoping this doesn't turn into another whammy for us. My last 24 hour was Sunday/Monday and it came back at 400, which it what it has been since we were 24 weeks (currently almost 28w, we started at 194 at 10w). My bp those days was great and I was feeling good. Since Monday though I started some swelling in my legs and minor in my hands, very mild headache and I started having some daily spikes in the 140 range, which I haven't had since I started 200mg of Labetalol 2x a day. I had an appointment on Wednesday with NST and baby was same ole happy self. Yesterday was the worst, my feet looked like pancakes, and I had my highest spikes of 147/75.

Today my pressures and swelling are all back to normal- if they weren't I was going to text my doctor. It seemed so odd to me to have those days of "off" that I checked my meds to see if I had accidentally missed a dose, and sure enough somewhere along the line I have (started 3 weeks ago) and I can't say for sure when. It might have been some time this week but maybe not. I have a pretty good routine of taking it, but obviously not good enough! I'm going to get one of those weekly pill counter thingies just to be sure it doesn't happen again and I'll call our doctor's office on Monday to keep them in the loop, I'm sure they'll repeat labs again, and we have our 28 week u/s and MFM appt. on Tuesday.

Has anyone knowingly missed a dose and noticed fast revert pressures? Did it cause things to go haywire for a few days? I'm really hoping that's what it was, though it seems odd to have lasted so long since I find the Labetalol works so quickly, but I'm not sure how long it stays in your system. Thanks in advance for any words of wisdom!

Edit: After wracking my brain I think I can say with confidence that I didn't miss a dose Friday when things were most spiky... because I remember driving with my mom and thinking that I had the head tingles that Labetalol gives... but I can't be sure any of the other days.
2008-Our Baby Girl, PTL born too early at 30w6d, Fought so hard... Forever Loved & Missed
2010- Lil' Bro, Pre-E at 29 weeks... Induced at 36w6d, Born 37w
2012- Lil' Sis, Super-imposed pre-e at 25 weeks, PTL & GD at 35 weeks, Evicted 36w

Return to “Ask the Experienced”