Celebrating My Daughter

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: Celebrating My Daughter

Postby aajatwins » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:03 am

Happy birthday, sweet girl!!
The precious (valuable) thing about PE is that, as survivors, we realize just how precious life is!! Hope you are cherishing those crazy moments! It goes so fast... :)
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

libby123

Celebrating My Daughter

Postby libby123 » Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:49 pm

Well, for us it is a day to celebrate. Our daughter is 1 year old today! She is now in the 95th percentile for height and 50th percentile for weight, unadjusted. She is constantly scaring us with her daredevil moves, standing on top of chairs and couches, unraveling the toilet paper several times a day, and eating anything and everything she can find on the floor.

1 year ago today, I was being prepared to deliver my daughter by c-section at 36 weeks gestation. My blood pressure in the morning had been in the 170s/100s during my BPP/NST, and I had officially been diagnosed with pre-e the week before. I had been on strict bed rest, in and out of the hospital, for 4 weeks and modifed bedrest for 7 weeks.

My daughter was born at 5:07 PM, at 5 pounds, 11 ounces and 19.2 inches long. Her APGAR at birth was 8, and five minutes later was 9. Apart from some breastfeeding issues, she was perfectly healthy and never went to the NICU.

However my life was forever changed by my experience with pre-e. Seeing your blood pressure reach stroke levels, knowing your kidneys are stressed, and wearing compression stockings all day, every day to prevent blood clots was incredibly difficult. But I consider myself and my daughter two of the most fortunate people in the world to have made it through this terrible disease with just bad memories and no permanent damage done.
Mommy to Sailor Ann, born on February 17th 2011 at 36 weeks by c-section due to PIH that slowly turned into preeclampsia.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”