Not sure?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
rosalinda

Re: Not sure?

Postby rosalinda » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:41 am

We had a portrait done of our daughter Elissa (born at 25wks), from her hospital pictures. That portrait is displayed in our living room. We plan on doing the same for our second daughter Janelle (born at 24 wks). That might be something you could do?
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn

jean

Postby jean » Mon Oct 17, 2011 10:09 am

We have photos up of our son. It gives us something tangible to see and a way to keep him in our lives even though he's now gone.
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

m

Postby m » Sun Oct 16, 2011 10:59 pm

It is not wrong of you to want to put up pictures of your daughter, and it is certainly not morbid. Nobody who has not suffered through a loss can even begin to understand what you have gone through, and it seems that your husband doesn't understand at all. If he is open to it, he should read a book or a web site about infant loss and he would find that you are perfectly normal. I do not have pictures up of my son, but that is by my choice - it would be too hard for me to see them every day. My parents and my husband's parents both have pictures of him in their living rooms. Maybe you can reach a compromise and put up a picture in a room that isn't used a lot or on your side of the closet if you have a walk-in closet.
DS 2/5/09 - 2/13/09; severe PE at 28 weeks
DD March 2010; PIH, preterm labor at 36 weeks, 10 days NICU

tracym

Postby tracym » Sun Oct 16, 2011 09:33 pm

It's not for me to say that you're wrong or being morbid for wanting to do this, but I do believe that you should be able to display photos of your daughter if that's what you wish to do.
Tracy

Jack - 37 weeks Feb '01 (mild PE dx 33 weeks)
Kate - 33 weeks Feb '05 (severe PE dx 31 weeks)

brandi101

Not sure?

Postby brandi101 » Sun Oct 16, 2011 08:03 pm

I want to put pictures up of my daughter kayleigh but my husband does not want me too he thinks its morbid and my husband is not my daughters father i feel as if im locking her away i have tried to comprise but he does not want them out at all is this wrong of me or morbid to want to do this? I feel like its hiding her away? Do any of you feel this way?
P.s. I wasnt sure where to post this at.
Wife and mother
angel lou born 11/11/05 healthy and full term
kayleigh michelle stillborn angel 8/31/09 1 pd 6 oz 10 inces long
briedon silas born 7/9/10 healthy induced at 38 weeks heprin baby allergy to lovenox
we all miss our baby girl

Return to “Ask the Experienced”