6 weeks pregnant...sex

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
christina89

Re: 6 weeks pregnant...sex

Postby christina89 » Wed Jul 05, 639262 6:55 am

Hey sorry it took me so long I had my in laws out for Thanksgiving. I don't have any blood clotting or any underlying conditions. I was put on 2 LDA only one until 17 weeks then 2 and then also Heparin at 17 weeks. I also took vit D and calcium and extra folic acid with my pre natels from the beginning. I had a OB a family DR and a MFM and an internist. I had a fetal assesment every 2 weeks from 17 weeks on. My MFM noticed my right uterine artery was not pushing threw as much blood as it should and my MFM said if the LDA and the heprin didn't work I'd get it again just as soon. So two weeks later when I went and already he seen improvment in my utrine artery and also emys growth. So I believe it saved my pregnancy and my baby! I hope this helps!

rwpokluda

Postby rwpokluda » Tue Jun 13, 639262 1:43 am

Were you being pre-treated this time around vrs. the last? Do they know why you developed it, that is the one thing they have no idea what brought mine on. No clotting issues, nothing! Only contributor I can think of is my PCOS which can cause Pre-e. I am on LDA right now and extra folic acid and vit d. Did they do anything diff for you this time around? Thanks
[color=#FF00BF]Janna
Mommy to Blake born April 26, 2008 at 25 wks 1 lb. 4 oz, 11 in., due to severe Pre-E and severe HELLP, healthy 3 year old boy now![/color]

christina89

Postby christina89 » Sat Jun 10, 639262 1:21 pm

Hello. I had Eclampsia and HELLP at 23 weeks and lost my son and almost lost my life as well so generally when I got pregnant 5 months later I was high risk. My husband and I had a very healthy sexual relationship during that pregnancy. I did ask my Dr if it was safe and he said its a pure and natural thing and told me to go for it I now have a healthy and beautiful 7 week old daughter. So I would just ask your Dr or OB. Even just call and ask just to be safe. Also like to add I only had PIH this time around and naturally went into labor in my 35th week I was in labor for 3 days so I almost made it to 36. Best of luck to you

rwpokluda

6 weeks pregnant...sex

Postby rwpokluda » Thu Jun 01, 639262 12:10 pm

So this is completely off topic but my history is Severe HELLP/Pre-e at 25 weeks. I am not 6 weeks 2 days pregnant. We saw the heart beat for the first time today. Baby is measuring exactly on with my 6 weeks 2 days. I know most say it is safe to have sex now but since I am still high risk does anyone know if we should wait? Most sites say high risk shouldn't but at are they saying later on in preg? Can anyone help? Thanks!
[color=#FF00BF]Janna
Mommy to Blake born April 26, 2008 at 25 wks 1 lb. 4 oz, 11 in., due to severe Pre-E and severe HELLP, healthy 3 year old boy now![/color]

Return to “Ask the Experienced”