22 Weeks, BP up - any positive experiences

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
nov_mum

22 Weeks, BP up - any positive experiences

Postby nov_mum » Sat Oct 09, 639249 6:25 am

Hi all

I had PE in both previous pregnancies and was induced quite late in pregancy - 35 and 38 weeks. Was told that this time was most likely to be later onset and less sever so would probably not need any intervention. I am 22+3 and have had headaches for a week and spots and flashing lights for the last two days. I saw my MW would referred my to the On Call OB and was asked to come in for testing. My bloods are fine (they were with last pregnancies too), my urine is fine and I was started on Methyldopa. My BPs were 150/95 yesterday and today seem to be around the same or a little higher 150/102. I guess it takes a wee while to kick in. The Dr said it was likely given my history that it will turn to PE, it's just a matter of time.

Does anyone have any experience with early onset, methyldopa etc?? I have taken nefidipine in the past and labetalol but this is new to me. I would love to hear your stories.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”