Does no pregnancy symptoms = bad news?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
ljsmommy

Re: Does no pregnancy symptoms = bad news?

Postby ljsmommy » Sat Oct 22, 2011 06:48 pm

i had severe eclampsia at 30 weeks and i had morning sickness my hole pregnancy.

jean

Re: Does no pregnancy symptoms = bad news?

Postby jean » Sat May 07, 2011 09:43 am

I changed the title of this post, b/c I am concerned that I don't really have any of the normal pg symptoms. (No sore breasts, no morning sickness, and now I'm not even feeling very tired-which makes me wonder if I've experienced a missed miscarriage or something, but I won't be able to know for sure until I can get in to see the Dr. in a couple of weeks). It's just that I feel very normal. It's really freaking me out. I didn't have any symptoms in my last pg either. (Other than being tired and "a general feeling pregnant"-and I'm not even feeling that right now.) *sigh*
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

jean

Re: Does no morning sickness = bad news?

Postby jean » Sun Apr 17, 2011 03:27 pm

If you don't get morning sickness though, do you get other symtoms like sore breasts? I just don't have ANY symptoms. (Except for feeling a little tired) It's freaking me out a LOT. Even to the point where I'm starting to feel a little remorseful of getting pg again... :~(
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

ktsl123

Postby ktsl123 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 02:31 pm

I had no morning sickness either did my best friend.
Son born healthy at 5lbs 8oz at 35 weeks +2 days due to Severe PE on 7-21-09

laura

Postby laura » Mon Apr 11, 2011 09:47 pm

And I was horribly sick for *months* and still ended up with hypertensive pregnancies. I think to some progesterone levels are implicated in morning sickness- but aren't necessarily associated with later preeclampsia.
Mom to Allie (1998, severe PE)| Camille (2003, oligohydramnios )|the Dude (2007, chronic hypertension)
The Captain is my hero!

riehlism

Postby riehlism » Sat Apr 09, 2011 04:00 pm

Anna, I did post about this earlier. Jean, I was very concerned that I wasn't getting morning sickness because I read that getting it correlates to healthy pregnancies. I was not sick at all with our son. With this pregnancy I can count on one hand how many times I felt slightly nauseated. It did not last long, maybe an hour or two at most. I never needed to vomit or anything like that. But my sister never had morning sickness with her kids and a lot of the ladies shared with me that they either didn't feel sick at all (both good/not so good outcomes), or had very mild symptoms.

I am 10+3 now and last week I had no symptoms. My mild nausea symptoms happened between 7-8 weeks, and that was it. Hard not to worry, huh?
Jasmin: Severe PE/HELLP and delivered at 24+6 & PCOS (29) Hubby Bubby, Frank (29)
Baby Blue stopped in to say hello and goodbye on 6/3/10
Baby Lucas was born on 10/13/11, PE and HELLP-free! Thank you baby aspirin and Lovenox
http://www.ehd.org/pregnancy-calendar.php?id=18192

m

Postby m » Sat Apr 09, 2011 03:50 pm

I didn't have any morning sickness with either of my pregnancies. Some people get it and some people don't.
DS 2/5/09 - 2/13/09; severe PE at 28 weeks
DD March 2010; PIH, preterm labor at 36 weeks, 10 days NICU

jean

Postby jean » Sat Apr 09, 2011 03:26 pm

Maybe it's a little early for me yet. I'm at 5 weeks, with my estimate I'll be at 6 weeks on Wed.

aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Postby aajatwins » Sat Apr 09, 2011 01:12 pm

Jean, how many weeks are you? I think Jasmin was the last one to ask this question just a couple of weeks ago (sorry if that's wrong!). But everyone is just different when it comes to sickness. I get nauseated, but never throw up. A good friend of mine get sick right at 6 weeks and doesn't stop throwing up until week 10 or 11. Another friend doesn't get sick at all. It is much harder to believe that you're pregnant when there are no symptoms, I know. On my really good days, it's so strange! but I don't believe it indicates anything other than you don't get sick during pregnancy. :) I'm glad you're feeling well!
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

lilysmommymindy

Postby lilysmommymindy » Fri Apr 08, 2011 06:23 pm

No, there are plenty of women who don't experience a lick of morning sickness their whole pregnancy and have healthy term pregnancies! I definitely don't blame you for being nervous given your history. Keep your head up, I'm sure you'll experience plenty of fun other symptoms soon! Good luck and take care!
Mindy

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in
Fortunate to have a healthy baby and mommy, no NICU needed.

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in
Took Baby Asprin between weeks 20-36 and was co-monitored by MFM & OBGYN

Return to “Ask the Experienced”