updates

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
laura

Re : updates

Postby laura » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:41 am

Oh Rare- I'm so glad everything is coming together for you! you deserve it!

I know what you're talking about about the smells- we call that "dog nose" around our house. I never had it before, but since my pregnancies, holy moly, I had it then and still get it during certain parts of my cycle, almost 18 mos postpartum! Just superhuman sense of smell and smelling things that you would never think.... It still drives me batty!

Laura
Moderator/AK Coordinator

Mom to Alicia (severe PE) 5/98 and Camille (htn, oligo) 4/03
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/c/camilleandallie/

catherine
Forum Moderator

Postby catherine » Thu Jul 08, 2004 08:02 am

How neat is that Rare!! Don't be surprised... babies often bring out the very best in people. When our son was born, we weren't ready at all (and very broke because we'd had visa issues cutting off paychecks and requiring lawyers fees rather than buying cute baby stuff) and on the day I got home from the hospital, sitting on my doorstep was a cradle that a friend had dropped off, and two boxes of gently used baby stuff that had come in the mail. None of those people even knew that we'd even had the baby at that point!!!!

With the food thing.... maybe you could try some smoothie recipes, you can smuggle good stuff into those and maybe drinking through a straw could circumvent that bad smell issue?

Catherine
Mom to Finn, Lucy (preeclampsia and HELLP) and Chloe.
Moderator HELLP Syndrome Survivors

amjeang

Postby amjeang » Thu Jul 08, 2004 06:52 am

I am so happy for you!!! Congratulations!! A Jenny Lind crib, how nice!!

Amanda (23)
Michael (24)

Michael 01/28/2000 born at 34 wks - severe PE

#2 due 01/20/04 and praying..

ann marie

Postby ann marie » Thu Jul 08, 2004 05:31 am

Wow! A crib. Once you get that crib it really starts to feel real[:I]. Sorry you're not able to eat banannas...what a bummer. Keep taking good care of yourself and that baby:)

Ann Marie (29)
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest

rareepiphany

Postby rareepiphany » Wed Jul 07, 2004 08:05 pm

Thanks everybody!!
I think the smell is just more annoying than anything. It's hard eating protein now. The smell lulls over to taste and I feel like I'm eating mop n glow! hahahahaha.
I've already lost a lot of weight and I reallllly don't want to fight this loss of appetite again because of some freaky smell :(
My favorite food isn't even palatable any more (bananas). NO FAIR!!
Oh well...if this is as bad as it gets, then I'm extremely blessed!
This is my first baby and I'm getting really excited whooohooo. I just got a call from my mom and one of my friends sent a crib...A CRIB!!!! A JENNY LIND CRIB!!! If I could do somersaults...I would. One day I was worried about how I'd get everything and then in 3 days I got a washer and dryer, crib, car seat, carrier, bassinet, clothes, and a stroller. God is sooooooo good and has given me some good friends. And even when I didn't have anybody to talk to, He gave me this site and all of you. Continue being the blessing that you are to everyone.

Blessings
RareEpiphany EDD 09/14/04 - PCOS and PIH
**It's a boy!!**

emily kates mom

Postby emily kates mom » Wed Jul 07, 2004 05:13 pm

What great friends you have! God definitely blesses us through good friends. I had some weird smell issues when I was pg, but never ammonia. My thing was carrots! (Random?)Carrots hardly even have a smell! Oh well, you never can tell when you're pg.....

Allison

Mommy to Emily Kate
3lbs. 7 oz.
Born 9/23/03
**2 months early due to preeclampsia.

alimarie

Postby alimarie » Tue Jul 06, 2004 07:35 pm

hang in there.......not that much longer and he will be here before you know it! i have never heard of the senses thing and will be interested to hear what you find out. good luck

AliMarie---mommy to Madalyn Anne-born at 35 wks due to severe pe (9/18/2001 4lbs. 14oz.)

ann marie

Postby ann marie » Tue Jul 06, 2004 05:24 pm

Yipeeee! 30 weeks is wonderful. You are doing such great work growing that baby[:)][:)]. I'm so glad to hear that your friends are taking good care of you. When the chips are down that's really when you find out who your real friends are. I'm so glad you've got some new things all ready for the baby. I'm glad your peri appt went well today too. As for the ammonia thing, I've never heard of anything like that, but it sounds miserable. I hope it goes away soon for you. Take care,

Ann Marie (29)
DH: Matt (32)
PIH/PE/Low Amniotic Fluid
Luke 3/17/04--37 weeks after 15 weeks of bedrest

josiah1112

Postby josiah1112 » Tue Jul 06, 2004 03:22 pm

Congratulations on making it to 30 weeks!
How exciting!!! Is this your first pregnancy?
I'm so glad you have wonderful friends!

Gloria mom to Josiah 11/12/03- 12/4/03 @ 26wks pre e
Moderator- Foro Latino
Future Adoptive Mom

angelkat

Postby angelkat » Tue Jul 06, 2004 12:50 am

Welcome to the 30 weeker club!!!... Glad things are going so well for you!!!.. What a blessing your friends are!

Hugs
~T
Moderator Grief and Loss
Mommy to
Drew(13)PE 37 wks
Ky (11)PE 34 wks
~i~ Katlyne(12/9/02-04/02/03)25 wks
Casey Looking at Aug
Katlyne's Tribute Site
http://forevernetwork.com/lifestories/l ... ope&Sort=V

Return to “Ask the Experienced”