admitted and will probably be induced in a few days!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
brandib

Re: admitted and will probably be induced in a few days!

Postby brandib » Sun Jun 03, 639240 10:03 am

I looove the name Nathan :0) Welcome little one!! I sure hope you get better fast :0)

lilysmommymindy

Postby lilysmommymindy » Sun Jun 03, 639240 9:14 am

Good luck, keep us posted!!!! Yay!
Mindy

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in
Fortunate to have a healthy baby and mommy, no NICU needed.

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in
Took Baby Asprin between weeks 20-36 and was co-monitored by MFM & OBGYN

kathrynb

Postby kathrynb » Sun Jun 03, 639240 1:50 am

Congratulations!
Kathryn

Jacob Daniel Feb 18, 2011 born at 34 weeks due to severe PE, 11 days in the NICU.
5 lbs, 5 oz and 18 inches

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Sat Jun 02, 639240 11:29 am

Congratulations! I hope all continues to go well with Nathan and that you are mag free and able to see him very soon.
Jamie
DD Carly 7-1-04 PE at 37 weeks (6 lbs 9 oz)
DD Anna 12-3-07 PE at 24 weeks and delivered at 38 weeks after 13 weeks bedrest, gestational diabetes, and oligo. This sweet baby has cerebral palsy and epilepsy thanks to my dear friend PE (5 lbs 15 oz)
DS Gabe 2-24-11 at 35 weeks for chronic HTN with superimposed PIH (5 lb 13 oz) 18 NICU days
http://www.ourlifeinholland.blogspot.com

nikkibee

Postby nikkibee » Sat Jun 02, 639240 11:12 am

hi ladies, will post more when i can but nathan was born via c-section on march 10th, 2lbs 15 oz! he is doing very well in the NICU but i have not been able to see him yet because of being on magnesium. will post more when able, on my phone right now!
mama to nathan, born 3/10/11 via c-section at 32 weeks due to PIH/pre-eclampsia (2lbs 15oz) currently in NICU

danielsmom

Postby danielsmom » Wed May 23, 639240 8:00 am

So sorry you have to go through this. But there are several things here that are positive: it sounds like you're being monitored very closely at a hospital with a NICU, you're 32 weeks (a big milestone for preemies), you're receiving steroid shots, and the baby is growing great!

My first day in the NICU to see my son was emotionally overwhelming. He was so tiny and there were more tubes and machines than there was baby. I actually passed out. I mention that because the NICU later became comforting, sort of a new normal. NICU nurses are a whole other breed of people, they're angels. The scariest days were definitely before he was 32 weeks. After that, he was on room air and regularly pulling his feeding tube out. We later got the hint and gave the poor kid a bottle. It was comical to get the day's updates from the nurses... he was quite fiesty. One day I caught him trying to pull his ears off until he realized that they were connected. Another day, he was attempting a headstand in his isolette. They're small, but believe me, they're fighters! Everything will be more precious to you, poopy diapers and all.

At first I couldn't wait for Daniel to get out of there, then I was terrified that they'd send him home with me! :D

My practical advice for you is try to pump. The hospital might furnish this for you along with a lactation consultant. Mommy's milk is wonderful for immature digestive systems. Mine took 3-7 days to come in, then I was the dairy queen. But don't stress about this.

You're going to be fine! Keep us updated as you can.
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.

tracym

Postby tracym » Fri May 11, 639240 9:26 am

I hope you're still hanging in there! Any updates?

I was very fortunate in that my 33 weeker was only in hospital for 16 days...I was there for 9 days after delivery and then went back for 2 nights prior to her discharge to room in with her so it was only a few days that I had to go back and forth.
Tracy

Jack - 37 weeks Feb '01 (mild PE dx 33 weeks)
Kate - 33 weeks Feb '05 (severe PE dx 31 weeks)

angieb

Postby angieb » Thu May 10, 639240 8:17 am

I think they tell *everyone* to expect them to stay till their due date but it's not always that long. 32 weekers have fantastic odds and it sounds like he's a decent size so that's in your favor too.

I'm sorry that you will probably have to deliver soon but sometimes that's just better for the baby than leaving them in with a sick mommy. I hope your delivery goes smoothly, you get better quickly, and the baby does well! Definitely update us when you can!
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

nikkibee

admitted and will probably be induced in a few days!

Postby nikkibee » Mon Apr 30, 639240 11:47 am

hi all,

thanks so much for your support over the past couple of days. i had an appointment with my doctor this morning and she wanted me to go back to L&D for monitoring since my BP was higher than she'd like, and also my headache was much worse and i was feeling terribly sick. she decided to keep me here for a 24 hour urine test, then when she came in to talk to me she said it looks like we'll be delivering in a few days. i got my first steroid shot today and they mentioned possibly starting mag tomorrow, which i am not looking forward to based on what i've read here!

one of the nurse practitioners from the NICU came in to talk to us and tell us what to expect. i am 32 weeks as of thursday. she said to expect the baby to have to stay in the hospital until his actual due date (5/5) but i am REALLY hoping it won't be that long! she said the goals are that he needs to be able to breathe on his own, keep himself warm, and be 4 pounds and able to eat on his own.

we had a sonogram tonight as well and he is looking great. they estimate 3 pounds 5 ounces, give or take 7 ounces (?). he is also head down, which is good for being induced. my mother is convinced it will be c-section. my mother in law is looking to fly out here to texas on friday.

i have to say i have learned a TON from this site and these forums and it helps a lot reading everyone's experiences, thank you so much for sharing! it's less scary knowing a bit better what to expect.

poor hubby is trying to sleep on a cot here and i'm not expecting to sleep much tonight, i never sleep while i'm in the hospital! thankfully he brought me my laptop.
mama to nathan, born 3/10/11 via c-section at 32 weeks due to PIH/pre-eclampsia (2lbs 15oz) currently in NICU

Return to “Ask the Experienced”