Not sure what to do.

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
maxs mom

Re : Not sure what to do.

Postby maxs mom » Thu Jul 08, 2004 03:07 pm

Definitely take care of yourself. Try and take it easy and try and get the maternity leave early. My PE came on really fast and I don't think I took it seriously enough. It is tough to have regrets, so definielty do everything you think you should do. Don't worry about being a pest either. And follow your instincts, they usually know when something is wrong.
Kara

Good luck, I hope the BP stays down1
Kara

Kara (34)
DH, John (36)
Max, 1/20/03, 25 wks, 534g. (IUGR), severe PE
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mightymax/

aimeejane

Postby aimeejane » Thu Jul 08, 2004 08:24 am

Oh, good! I've been so worried! I'm so glad to hear how wonderful your doctor is!!

Aimee
Georgia State Coordinator

Ds Nicky - 3/24/00 (28 wks - eclampsia)
Ds Kalen - 7/10/03 (36 weeks - preeclampsia)
http://www.babiesonline.com/babies/k/kalentyler/ (Pswd: ilovemommy)

april

Postby april » Wed Jul 07, 2004 08:08 pm

Glad to hear your appt went well. It seems like you have a good Dr. Keep us updated. And if your bp goes up or you just don't feel well, please call your dr.

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP

julie f

Postby julie f » Wed Jul 07, 2004 07:14 pm

So glad to hear that you are feeling well today and that your bp is behaving... Please be careful to monitor it though, blood pressure tends to fluctuate quite a bit before it becomes, and stays, high. So, while it's wonderful that it looks good right now - and I pray that it stays that way - please be sure to watch yourself for symptoms. Here is a link to our "Signs & Symtpoms" page. http://www.preeclampsia.org/symptoms.asp

It sounds like you have a wonderful doctor, please keep us posted.

Julie (27)
Zachary James, 7/22/03-7/27/03, born at 26wks - severe pe

Miracle in progress... #2 is due February 2005!!!

Southern California Coordinator

mebaby

Postby mebaby » Wed Jul 07, 2004 05:49 pm

I went to my appointment yesterday. They checked my urine and so far only a trace of protein in it. My bp today is normal thank goodness. My doctor was great. He is going to keep a very close eye on things but so far so good. He talk about maybe taking maternity leave from work early though. I go back to the doctor Wednesday for more test just in cause. He said that if I felt at any time that things were just not right or started feeling worse to call or just come it. He told me that I could tell him more about what was going on with me, my body and the baby than some test. I feel much better after all that he told me. Thanks for all the great advise. I hope everyone else is doing good. I will keep you posted. THANKS AGAIN!!!

emily kates mom

Postby emily kates mom » Wed Jul 07, 2004 05:09 pm

Definitely have someone look at you! My PE went from mild to severe in a matter of a few days. It is so important to have these symptoms checked out.

We look forward to hearing from you....

Allison

Mommy to Emily Kate
3lbs. 7 oz.
Born 9/23/03
**2 months early due to preeclampsia.

wcarder

Postby wcarder » Tue Jul 06, 2004 11:14 am

Call your doctor!!!! When I started getting sick with PE, I went to the doc and all my tests were normal, but i KNEW i was sick. Luckily, my doc listened and insisted on seeing me back the next week. a week later, I was rushed to the hospital via ambulance from his office- at 27 weeks. It is so common to feel like you are being annoying or over reacting, but who cares? you know how you feel, and your health and your baby's health is what is important. sometimes you have to make a doctor take you seriously - that's their job! i was lucky to have a WONDERFUL ob, but A LOT of people aren't as lucky. Good luck - and i HOPE YOU ARE overreacting. But when it comes to this stuff, there's really no such thing!
Best wishes -
Wendy
Mother of Kenzie Celeste, 30 weeks GA - severe PE

for faith

Postby for faith » Tue Jul 06, 2004 09:32 am

Glad to hear you have an appointment soon. That BP is not good. I was hospitalized at 150/100. Really hoping things are ok and it is not what the signs are showing. Definately let us know.

Jill
mommy to:
Tyler - 4 (36 wks, PIH)
Angel baby - 1/20/03 (11 wks)
Faith Kristine - 1/5/04-1/30/04 (30 weeks due to severe PE, passed due to NEC & Sepsis(preemie complications))

trying for #2 to share our lives with since 9/02

mebaby

Postby mebaby » Tue Jul 06, 2004 05:58 am

Hey everyone! I am still doing ok I guess. I am going for a check up at 11 am. I will let everyone know what they tell me. My bp today is 162/90. I will let you guys know something as soon as I do. Thanks for all the support and advice.

april

Postby april » Mon Jul 05, 2004 07:58 pm

I hope everything is okay[?].

april(24)
dh-billy(29)
dd-Natalie 3/10/04(pasted away after 1 hr.) induced labor at 23wks and 5 days due to severe PE/HELLP

Return to “Ask the Experienced”