Anyone have pre-e in prior pgcy then just PIH?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
rebecca2

Re: Anyone have pre-e in prior pgcy then just PIH?

Postby rebecca2 » Mon Feb 14, 2011 08:34 pm

Well, I don't think this is exactly what you're looking for, but here is my story...

In my first pregnancy I developed severe PE at 26 weeks and delivered at 26w5d. My daughter passed away shortly after delivery. My BP never went back down and I was officially diagnosed with CHTN, but did not test positive for any other underlying disorder. My 2nd pregnancy I was on labetalol & LDA. I made it to 35w6d without PE and delivered due to low amniotic fluid. My BP went up 2 weeks postpartum though, so I might have developed it had we not delivered when we did....just don't know. HTH.
Becky
Mom to...
baby girl Addison 3/11/09-3/11/09 (severe preeclampsia 26w5d)
baby boy Aden 5/25/10 (35w6d low amniotic fluid)
baby boy #2 due 7/4/11

leftcoastgirl

Anyone have pre-e in prior pgcy then just PIH?

Postby leftcoastgirl » Mon Feb 14, 2011 01:53 pm

I had severe pre-e in my first two pregnancies (had an undiagnosed clotting disorder). Ten years later I discovered I had FVL and got pregnant and was on lovenox and LDA for that pregnancy and it went without any problems at all. Now, just a few years later, i'm pregnant with my 4th baby. Things have been fine up until my last appointment, my BPs have started to creep up. I am normally a 105/60 and at my 29 week appointment I got two separate readings ... 124/72 and 130/80 at a recheck before I left the office. I am wondering if anyone who had pre-e in a prior pregnancy, specifically anyone who is/was on lovenox and LDA had creeping blood pressures that developed into PIH and didn't roll into the cascade of real pre-e. I can't help but worry. The only good news is that at 29 weeks, this baby weighs a full pound more than my middle son who was a 29 weeker, so that tells me that my placenta has to be functioning ok at some level. I am also having some increased resistance in the umbilical cord and borderline low fluid. Again, nothing alarming yet as I was told, but enough that they want to see me weekly for BPPs and growth u/s probably every 2 weeks, and to monitor the cord flow. I'm 30 weeks today, and hoping to cook this little guy for 7.5 more weeks. Can anyone share their experience?
I'm 37, DH is 45 - pregnant with #4 (surprise baby)
DD, 26 weeker - 16, 1 lb. 8 oz. severe pre-e
DS, 29 weeker - 13, 2 lb. 2 oz. severe pre-e
DS - 3 FULL TERM, no pre-e (lovenox, baby aspirin pregnancy, I have Factor V Leiden)
Due 4/25/11 ~ Oliver Isaac due to arrive 4/8 via scheduled c/s
Busy mommy and NICU nurse living in beautiful Oregon

Return to “Ask the Experienced”