when did you stop LDA?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jean

Re: when did you stop LDA?

Postby jean » Wed Nov 16, 2011 10:34 am

I wanted to bring this question back up because several ppl on this board have delivered since this topic was last visited. I am currently 37 weeks and my OB has not yet taken me off of the lda. I am wondering how long others stayed on it...we are thinking of delivery in the ballpark area of 39 weeks..
Our first son was born and passed in Feb of 2010. Born at 29 weeks due to HELLP and passed due to NEC. We miss him every day. :~(

Our second son was born at 39 weeks gestation in Nov of 2011. No HELLP or pre-e! Took LDA starting at week 12 and went off of it at week 38!

http://findingtherainbowconnection.blogspot.com/

alviarin
Forum Moderator

Postby alviarin » Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:31 am

I stopped at 36 weeks, with the assumption delivery would be at 38 weeks.

We wound up inducing at 37 weeks with no problems.
Hypothyroid mom to
Connor (severe pre-e at 38 weeks)
Claire (dx'd with pre-e and induction at 37 weeks)
Annabelle (chronic HTN & GD, superimposed pre-e @34 weeks, induction @37 weeks)

lilillini

Postby lilillini » Sat Feb 05, 2011 11:34 pm

I took it up until the day of delivery. I was on hospital bedrest, so we knew that I could deliver any day, but I was advised to keep taking it. I had a c-section with no problems. I would have been livid if I had to have general anesthesia for a non-emergency c-section.

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Sat Feb 05, 2011 09:19 pm

I stopped it at 36 weeks, I was taking it twice a day. 2 days later I was admitted for an induction due to low fluid, had an epidural without
any problems.
-Elissa, January 2007: stillborn at 25 weeks, severe PE, IUGR, reverse-end diastolic flow
- Chronic hypertension as of November 2007
-missed miscarriage Feb 2009
- Ismael Jaden, June 2010, 36 wks, oligohydramnios & rising BP's, my wonderful little man & the love of my life
- Janelle, September 2011, 24wks, 3days. complete placental abruption & DIC, stillborn

danielsmom

Postby danielsmom » Sat Feb 05, 2011 03:58 pm

My C section was emergent, but the anesthesiologist told me that he'd have to put me under general anesthesia because of the baby asprin. I was also on lovenox at the time, but he said the asprin concerned him more, even though it was low dose.
Miscarriage Feb 05 & Dec 07
Daniel born Feb 09 at 27w5d, 1 lb 1 oz/12 inches (severe IUGR) due to Severe Pre-E & HELLP. Now tall for age and no complications.
Diagnosed with MTHFR
Cornual Ectopic miscarriage Mar 11
Natalie born 6-5-12 at full term, 7 lb 11 oz & 21.5 inches, progesterone 2-8 weeks (for suspected luteal phase defect), lovenox 6-29 weeks, lda 0-36 weeks, folic.

heather j
Forum Moderator

Postby heather j » Sat Feb 05, 2011 03:03 pm

My MFM wanted me to stop LDA at 34 weeks, and I'm on it outside of pregnancy so I resumed it the day after delivery. I did have a c-section, so I imagine that factored into the timeline. He didn't want anything (anticoags, lda, etc) on board during surgery. I think it's pretty case by case because we've had members who remained on it through delivery.
Heather (PAI-1 4G/4G) mama to:
Nicolas Edison (6/2004) 36 weeks, PE, HELLP, and placental abruption
Ella Amelia (3/2007) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Oliver Lyon (1/2011) 37 weeks, lovenox, PE-free
Milo Mason (2/2014) 39 weeks PE-free

lizard

when did you stop LDA?

Postby lizard » Sat Feb 05, 2011 10:22 am

Just wondering what the norm is to stop taking LDA. I am 38wks pregnant and the babe could come anyday. I asked my doc about when to stop and he didn't seem to worried about it. Kinda left it up to me. He said the dose is so low it really isn't a concern to be on it close to labor. I feel fine stopping now but then a part of me thinks, "oh no...i shouldn't, what if it triggers something and PE comes on??" I know ridiculous thoughts but after having PE once you get kinda superstitious or something. Any suggestions??

Return to “Ask the Experienced”