Second time around, how did your Pre-e present?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
lilysmommymindy

Re: Second time around, how did your Pre-e present?

Postby lilysmommymindy » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:03 am

I'm very happy to report the second time around I did not have PE or HELLP syndrome or any signs for that matter! :D I feel so lucky to have a normal pregnancy after having a seemingly normal pregnancy the first time that ended so dramatically and early. I was put on baby asprin and monitored by my OB and MFM. I'm very thankful for this last pregnancy going so smoothly...it can happen! I'm not certain I will push my luck for a third but I'm soooo happy my DD#1 has a baby sister, the best gift I could ever give her. Good luck!
Mindy

DD#1 Lily Adrianna: 8/28/08 Born 36wks 0days due to Class 2 HELLP Syndrome and Severe Preeclampsia via csection. 4lbs 10oz 17in
Fortunate to have a healthy baby and mommy, no NICU needed.

DD#2: Tatum Nicole: 8/6/10 Born 39wks 5days Scheduled CSection Preeclampsia and HELLP FREE!
7lbs 3oz 20in
Took Baby Asprin between weeks 20-36 and was co-monitored by MFM & OBGYN

leftcoastgirl

Re: Second time around, how did your Pre-e present?

Postby leftcoastgirl » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:11 pm

Mine presented the same way in both my first pregnancies....epigastric pain. I never felt off or anything with my BP but the epigastric pain was unbearable - it was enough to make me go to the ER in the middle of the night both times. After years later, and finally looking at my medical records, I noticed the month before I developed severe pre-e I was spilling protein, but treated for a UTI instead. My BPs had also started to creep up slightly, but nothing significant.
I'm 37, DH is 45 - pregnant with #4 (surprise baby)
DD, 26 weeker - 16, 1 lb. 8 oz. severe pre-e
DS, 29 weeker - 13, 2 lb. 2 oz. severe pre-e
DS - 3 FULL TERM, no pre-e (lovenox, baby aspirin pregnancy, I have Factor V Leiden)
Due 4/25/11 ~ Oliver Isaac due to arrive 4/8 via scheduled c/s
Busy mommy and NICU nurse living in beautiful Oregon

vit9109

Second time around, how did your Pre-e present?

Postby vit9109 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 12:33 am

Hi Ladies,
To those of you who had severe pre-e first time around. How did it present the second time around? I had severe PP pre-e although I think I was exhibiting symptoms weeks prior that were chalked up to "normal pregnancy" and they weren't.
My husband and I are thinking of baby #2 and are very concerned as how pre-e might present this time around.

When did your BP Start going up with baby#2?

Treatments? Interventions?

Severity?

Were you nervous about developing seizures?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”