Pregnant within a year?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mellybute

Re: Pregnant within a year?

Postby mellybute » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:05 am

Oh, no worries mama, I would never say anything on FB. And yes, a sisterhood like no other!! Atleast you have all of us to lean on throughout this next pregnancy :-) Glad to hear you have good doctors in place. Praying for you to have an easy 9 months ;)
Melissa ~ 36 years old

Son ~ born April 2006 ~ No Complications
Son ~ born August 2009 ~ severe post partum pre-eclampsia, still on bp meds (never returned to normal)

brandib

Postby brandib » Wed Feb 02, 2011 07:31 pm

Melissa you are so funny lol. I know I'm pretty freaked out. Nobody knows ( family wise) so no saying anything on facebook lol. I'm having panic attacks just thinking about telling my family. :0( This will be our last as best I can tell. I can't do this again. I wasn't suppose to be this time lol,....or so I thought. I'm only human though lol And of all times, I just got done reading Zuzus Petals. Page 320 when she talks about the PF and us being a sisterhood that nobody else could understand........I bawled my eyes out!!!! Aside from death she has the worst case I've ever heard of. The team that I switched to half way through my last pregnancy will be handling this pregnancy. Whoah is right lol

mellybute

Postby mellybute » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:26 pm

WOW!!!!! Haven't been on the forum in quite some time!!! OMgoodness. Brandi, I know you are scared right now as to be expected with your last PE ride. I hope you have really good doctors on board for this one. Congrats mama!!! WHOAH!!! :D
Melissa ~ 36 years old

Son ~ born April 2006 ~ No Complications
Son ~ born August 2009 ~ severe post partum pre-eclampsia, still on bp meds (never returned to normal)

brandib

Postby brandib » Sun Jan 23, 2011 09:23 pm

Thanx Kelly. I did go to ER. I got me a Rhogam shot ( however you sepll that lol) and they did bloodwork and ultrasound. My dates didn't match up for the first time ever. My dates were right on with my three children and my two miscarriages. I don't get it, but anywho, they got a heart beat on the little peanut that I got to see. Not out of the woods I guess by any means, but that was a great sign. Heart beat was on the low side though. They put me on strict bedrest though, not just because the bleeding, but my BP when I got there was 171/113. I'm on two meds, the ER doc said they are probably gonna add another one, but I'm assuming they will just up my dosage.Well, I'm just at the beginning of lonnnnnnnnng train ride that I didn't expect to take. We shall see. They asked if I did In-Vitro and I almost passed out thinking they saw two lol, but it was that my left ovary is larger and overstimulated and has four cysts on it ( which was causing some pain.) That has to be new. My ovaries have always been fine before. Oh well. I don't think its anything to worry about.

kellyo19

Postby kellyo19 » Sat Jan 22, 2011 10:46 am

can you go to the ER or urgent care and say you think you're miscarrying? At least they can do an ultrasound and bloodwork to check your hormone levels... Feel better soon
2005: PE/IUGR pregnancy with Daughter, born 40+2 induction. Diagnosed with Sensory Processing Disorder (or Sensory Integration Dysfunction) in 2010. Diagnosed with ADHD in 2011. It's getting better with OT and treatment!
2009: PIH pregnancy with Son, born 38+5. Diagnosed in 2011 as Developmental Language Delays, Social-Emotional-Communication Delays. More testing Nov. 2011.
2011: I'm undergoing neurological testing. Praying for the best!

brandib

Postby brandib » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:41 am

Hey Caryn. I don't think I have your mobile. Can u inbox me on facebook??? I already think something is wrong with this pregnancy. I have three living children and two miscarriages. I have violently vommitted with my pregnancies and never bled with them. I've only bled with my two miscarriages but it went from light spotting to heavy bleeding in the same day both times. I have been spotting/bleeding on and off for over a week now with severe cramping and just barely a tinge of nausea more like the feeling of "blah." You might remember last pregnancy I switched all my care over to a new hospital and now their preocedure is you have to have two nurse visists and then a pcp visit before they refer you to the ob's and then I need one regular ob visit before they send me back to my MfM. I'm SO aggrivated. At my old hospital they had standing orders for pregnancy tests so I just walked in, gave blood,the next day made an appt with my OB. Really, I just want to know if they baby is alive right now. It seems to me that it isn't and my body keeps trying to miscarry fully. I just want to know one way or another right now.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Thu Jan 13, 2011 02:10 pm

Hee! You've got my mobile number for texts, right?

I'm with Alexa -- there are also benefits to close pregnancies, like that the placenta can embed better because it can exploit the existing spiral artery remodelling. The trick with you is going to be your underying whatever-it-is.
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

alexa5

Postby alexa5 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 09:01 am

Congrats! I think in your case they were probably concerned because of all of the neuro and heart issues you had during and after pregnancy--at least that is my guess. They were probably hoping for some time for your body to normalize after your tough pregnancy. Hang in there and be ready for some frequent monitoring! Perhaps this could be that wonderful, simple pregnancy you were hoping for :-)

angieb

Postby angieb » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:52 am

I think it depends on what happened the last pregnancy and if you are back to normal, how long it took you to get back to normal, and if you had a c-section as far as what doctors recommend.

I had class I HELLP at 23 wks and a classical c-section, my blood pressure was always normal and I never spilled protein. My labs were back to normal by 2 weeks postpartum. Because of my c-section incision, my OB told me to wait 3 months, my MFM would have preferred for us to wait 6 months. We ended up stop using protection at 6 weeks, started actively trying again at 3 months (I have fertility issues so we anticipated it would take awhile), and 11 months later we were pregnant again. I wouldn't have listened if they had told me to wait a year unless they'd given me a very good reason, we barely waited the 3 months. The only reason we were waiting to give us time to heal physically-from the c-section and HELLP, and emotionally, not because of any other risks.

I don't think there's any specific risks regarding PE/HELLP that they know of, I'm sure they would have brought that up with me. The only concern about your risk of PE would be if your blood pressure is still higher from your previous pregnancy, or anything like that, which might put you at a higher risk.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

brandib

Pregnant within a year?

Postby brandib » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:15 am

I know my Mfms stressed to me not to get pregnant within a year. How much do the risks go up exactly??? Is it just that with any pregnancy your body is recovering or are there specific risk and links with preeclamptic women getting pregnant within a year that increases risks for preeclampsia????? I found out I'm pregnant again and all my knoweldge about preeclampsia just flew out the window. I think its been replaced by fear. This wasn't planned and I remember them stressing to me to not get pregnant within a year which I never imagined would happen ( because its never happened before). I was suppose to have Mirena inserted this month actually. It should have been done at my six week check up but thats a long story. I'm completely freaked right now. Help!

Return to “Ask the Experienced”