will i get it again?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
pelky358

Re: will i get it again?

Postby pelky358 » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:37 am

thanks guys i am seeing midwife on wed, i will have chat and keep updated!!!!! xx

kelly w

Postby kelly w » Sun Dec 19, 2010 08:10 am

Many women who have PE in their first pregnancy go on to have healthy pregnancies thereafter. If you have it in a second pregnancy, your risk is very high for having it in subsequent pregnancies. But since you had it with a first pregnancy, I would think your chances are good to not have it again. Nobody can say for sure though.
Single Mother to Six Little Monkeys

celina

Postby celina » Sun Dec 19, 2010 00:07 am

I think it is hard to say. It is possible you could get it again and it is possible you can go on to have a normal pregnancy. I am sure another poster can give you a better idea of odds based on your specific set of circumstances. I have had it more than once and all of my children have been with the same father. I started off at different weights, in different conditions of health. I guess there are a lot of different mitigating factors.

I hope that you are able to have a healthy uneventful pregnancy with health care providers who are just the right level of vigilant.

Congratulations on your new baby:)

Celina

pelky358

will i get it again?

Postby pelky358 » Sat Dec 18, 2010 06:16 pm

Hi mums and dads!!

I had severe preeclampsia 9 months ago and had to have an emergency c section, now after waiting the suggested 9 months we tried again and after 1 go we are expecting another baby. i am so scared of having it again my last baby was born at 34 weeks at a healthy 4lb13 we are blessed and lucky) i took every vitamin you need from 2 weeks before trying to get pregnant, never smoked or drank and proud to say this pregnancy so far i have done the same, but i am still scared this baby will be earlier than the last, the father of the baby is the same as the last (as i know that one risk is having differnt dads). i have heard that the risk of p/e returning is high if you had it real bad last time, can anyone share there similar story with me?.....

give me hope? xx

Return to “Ask the Experienced”