Would you call?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
jamie w

Re: Would you call?

Postby jamie w » Tue Nov 30, 2010 09:15 am

Random thing I guess- the spotting. My doctor was not worried. Although it is hard for me after my last experience, I am learning to trust my doctor and what he says. I will watch for the things I know are off and report them but it is not my job to interpret them. If I let myself take on too much responsibility of trying to figure out things then I go crazy with anxiety and worry. My labs are ok and my doctor says I am ok for now. I also have another ultrasound on Thursday so that will hopefully give me a little more peace of mind. This pregnancy is so crazy. I am so conflicted. On one hand I want to savor every little kick and flutter from this baby because I know he will be my last but on the other hand I just want to sleep until I am about 32 weeks so that I can not feel this constant fear I have looming. I think I am nuts...
Jamie
DD Carly 7-1-04 PE at 37 weeks (6 lbs 9 oz)
DD Anna 12-3-07 PE at 24 weeks and delivered at 38 weeks after 13 weeks bedrest, gestational diabetes, and oligo. This sweet baby has cerebral palsy and epilepsy thanks to my dear friend PE (5 lbs 15 oz)
DS Gabe 2-24-11 at 35 weeks for chronic HTN with superimposed PIH (5 lb 13 oz) 18 NICU days
http://www.ourlifeinholland.blogspot.com

RogueFemale

Postby RogueFemale » Tue Nov 30, 2010 08:25 am

What about the spotting, though? That still worries me (but I have placenta previa, so any spotting at all naturally worries me).

jamie w

Postby jamie w » Mon Nov 29, 2010 09:01 pm

I started typing a response and it disappeared. Nice! I spent the afternoon in L&D with my pressures all over the place. My Dr. really thinks it is stress related. My best friend's mom was found dead in her bed on the day after Thanksgiving and it is being investigated as a suicide vs homicide. I have tried to not stress too much but it is hard and it is clearly affecting me more than I thought. My Dr. is awesome and understanding. My labs are ok and so I am back home. He ok'd my flight on Friday to the funeral and just told me to keep in touch with him.
Jamie
DD Anna 12-3-07 PE at 24 weeks and delivered at 38 weeks after 13 weeks bedrest, gestational diabetes, and oligo. This sweet baby has cerebral palsy and epilepsy thanks to my dear friend PE (5 lbs 15 oz)
DS Gabe 2-24-11 at 35 weeks for chronic HTN with superimposed PIH (5 lb 13 oz) 18 NICU days

jenmatt1

Postby jenmatt1 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 06:48 pm

I think it is ironic that you say but you don't feel really bad. I remember thinking that when pregnant with my daughter- I didn't think I felt really bad, until I thought about it after I had her. I just didn;t realize it because it became progressively worse and I rationalized that everything I was feeling- swollen, back pain- was all part of normal pregnancy.

Glad you are calling in- We all know how it is to dread calling in, but I'd rather be embarassed to call in 50 times a month than to take any chances with my health or baby's health this time.

Let us know what happens.
Mom to Olivia 4/4/2008 born at 34 1/2 weeks due to class I HELLP
Declan born 1/4/2011- no HELLP or PE- YEAH

trish
Forum Moderator

Postby trish » Mon Nov 29, 2010 03:07 pm

Glad you are calling - you knew that's what we'd say!! Update when you can mama!! (((HUGS)))
Trish: mama to my 3 PE Princesses:
Elizabeth 11/6/03 induced at 37 weeks for PE
Katie 4/13/05 induced at 38 weeks for PE
Allison 12/27/07 induced at 36 weeks for PE then PP PE & BP issues for over a year

angieb

Postby angieb » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:48 am

I'm glad you are calling.

Fingers crossed that everything is okay and it's a false alarm.
Me (29) DH (30)
#1-Olivia Caetlyn-9-28-09-9-28-09, 23+2 wks, emergency classic c-section, class I HELLP, IUGR
#2- Lucas Oliver (rainbow baby)- April 2011, 36+2 wks, HELLP and pre-e free! (lovenox and LDA pregnancy)
#3-Matthew, late October 2012...mostly normal, 37 wks, (lovenox and LDA again)
My blog: http://www.butterflies-and-rainbows.blogspot.com/

l412angel

Postby l412angel » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:38 am

Ok so...I would call in...I guess not so much because of the pressures or heart rate...but because not only do you have the visual disturbance, but the spotting. Please keep us posted! :)
Laura Angel (Factor V Leiden)
Mommy to Cara Angel 2LBS 11OZ 16 IN. Born at 30 weeks due to Severe PE & HELLP.
"My life went with you sweetheart the day angels called you home"

Our Rainbow Baby Carter born March 5 2011 7lbs 7oz 20.5in 36 weeks 4days PE FREE

Baby #3 due June 2012

korie

Postby korie » Mon Nov 29, 2010 11:40 am

glad you are calling in. I feel the same way though. I had to go to L&D yesterday and felt stupid about it. What usually makes me decide to is that i know if I didn't call or go in and something happened, I would regret it forever. Good luck, hope it is nothing!

rusah

Postby rusah » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:40 am

Yeah I know what you mean, I hate calling as well. Except I always end up having scary symptoms on the weekend when I have no choice but to go to L&D...and they run their blood tests etc. and send me home saying everything is fine! And then I feel dumb :) but I guess I'd rather go in 50 times and have it be nothing then not go in and have things go majorly wrong!

Your symptoms do sound to me like you should call...hope everything turned out ok!

jamie w

Would you call?

Postby jamie w » Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:00 am

If I have to ask I know what the answer likely is but just wanting some reassurance that I'm not crazy I guess. I have had a headache now for over a week. It comes and goes. Sometimes I have visual disturbances, sometimes not. The headache seems totally independent of my blood pressures. My blood pressures are all over the place. I have not had 2 consistent readings in days but my highs are only 148/90's and lows 110/70's. I am medicated with Procardia and do have chronic htn. I have a tight feeling in my back on the right side. It comes and goes as well. I had a little cramping this morning and spotting but it went away as quickly as it began. My pulse at rest is about 100 but if I get up to do anything it hits 150-160. I do not feel bad though. I feel as normal as I ever do except for the headache and back stuff. Ok- reading this is making me know I need to call and I guess I will. I just HATE calling all the freaking time!!!!
Jamie

Return to “Ask the Experienced”