Possibly delivering soon

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
korie
Registered User
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:48 am

Re: Possibly delivering soon

Postby korie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 06:09 pm

No she wasn't really specific, probably because she is an OB and would most likely consult with a Peri before making the decision. The main Peri I have seen wants me to try diuretics and I got a second opinion on that and that Peri said I probably shouldn't do that. I am leaning towards not trying it, I am not comfortable experimenting with this baby at this point in pregnancy. Anyways, if I don't do that there isn't anything else for me to do to prolong things. She made some comment about if I get to 170/120 I probably shouldn't go much higher and when I come in they can start monitoring the baby at that point. I am assuming she wouldn't let me go a lot higher than that but I don't know. Plus there is the factor of my fluctuations. Maybe they want me to be at 170/120 all the time? I see her again on Tuesday if not before. I think I might go in to labor and delivery tomorrow for an NST just to make sure baby is handlling this alright. She has been pretty active today so I am not too worried, but an appt 3 days away feels like a long ways off right now.

sam10
Forum Moderator
Posts: 1470
Joined: Sat Feb 20, 2010 00:04 am
Location: Boston, MA

Re: Possibly delivering soon

Postby sam10 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 05:46 pm

Keeping my fingers crossed for a little more time!
Has your doctor let you know under which circumstances delivery is inevitable?
MC 3/2009 and 3/2011
H (1/1/2010-1/7/2010) - forever loved and missed; severe PE with Hellp; partial placental abruption, classical c-section at 25.6 weeks
M (Nov. 2012, born at 35.4 weeks) - severe PE

korie
Registered User
Posts: 226
Joined: Fri Dec 23, 2005 10:48 am

Possibly delivering soon

Postby korie » Sat Nov 27, 2010 04:25 pm

I fear I am nearing the end of this pregnancy. I will be 33 weeks on Monday. I had been having some labile pressures in the past few days. Last night my BP was at 161/112 after my evening pills. This am I started out back at 120/70s and by 3 I was at 165/114, that is a huge jump in a short time. My doctor is the oncall doctor at the hospital this weekened and I got ahold of her this am to let her know. Said if I go above 170/120 for two readings that I should come in. Not sure what will happen now. I just took my PM dose of pills a couple hours early to see if I could knock that number down or keep it even, but I am not hopeful. I do not have pre-e as of last tuesday, but I have had some swelling since then (none prior). I am curious what BPs others were at when delivered without any pre-e? I am maxed out on medication so there are no other options for me right now. Would they deliver if the baby is not under stress and my BPs keep going up?

I don't think has all quite hit me yet. With my first he was in the NICU 6 weeks and my DD was in the NICU 2. With DD I had no idea she would have to stay in the NICU and so my hopes were quite high for a normal experience. It was all the more devistating then when that didn't happen. With this baby I have been trying not to get my hopes up, but I also don't know if I can handle another baby in the NICU. I know there is no choice adn that she will likely be fine after a stay there, but going through all of the NICU stuff again is enough to make me lose my mind. I don't want this to happen like this. On top of that, we do not have a NICU at our hospital so I will be going to a hospital far from home and I have a 4 year old and a 2 year old to figure out what to do with. Hoping I make it at least another week, but it is not looking good at the moment.


Return to “Ask the Experienced”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests