Newly diagnosed at 36 wka..lot of questions

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
aajatwins
Forum Moderator

Re: Newly diagnosed at 36 wka..lot of questions

Postby aajatwins » Thu Sep 16, 638951 2:21 pm

Oh, Amy, I wish they would just let you go ahead and deliver. I know it's scary for them to think about delivering a little early, but sometimes Mama's body is just ready. Have you really had a heart-to-heart with your OB? I felt like mine took pity on me because I was so adamant about being miserable and being in and out of L&D ALL the time. She was reluctant, for sure, but my babies were measuring so big (and were very big for twins at 36w). I will be praying for you and baby and looking for more updates!!
Hang in there.
Anna (28) - endometriosis
Hubby (27)
Aidan & Jordan - 7.2.09 at 36 weeks. Induction turned emergency c-section due to eclampsia. big healthy toddlers today!
Asa - 10.23.11 at 39 weeks. NO hypertensive issues!! successful VBAC :)

RogueFemale

Postby RogueFemale » Thu Sep 16, 638951 12:44 am

Yes, PLEASE keep us posted. This makes me very, very uncomfortable, and I cannot understand the reluctance to get labor going. My doctor has already promised that, given history, with any BP issues at play she would not "let" this pregnancy go beyond 36-37 weeks. It just wouldn't be worth the risk. I'm thinking of you and worrying.

blythe

Postby blythe » Wed Sep 15, 638951 10:10 pm

I'm glad you're feeling better today and holding steady with "just" high blood pressure! Those high bps can still be dangerous, so keep watching your bps and your other symptoms. Hypertensive pregnancies can just be more of what you've experienced so far, or they can turn very serious very quickly. Keep hanging in there!
Heather, mom to
#1 7-18-03 - 5#8oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#2 8-11-06 - 6#14oz 37 weeks PE/PIH
#3 9-10-09 - 5#10oz 37 weeks PE/PIH

eichic72

Postby eichic72 » Wed Sep 15, 638951 1:45 am

Yes, did another one two days ago. It was totally normal. I was able to get some sleep last night finally which really helped to not make me feel so down. Thanks for the kind words.

patty

Postby patty » Mon Jun 16, 638949 7:43 pm

Sorry you are going through all of this. Hang in there and don't give up. Keep advocating for yourself. I would ask for another 24hr urine too they can change alot in just a few days.
Patty mom to: Seth 6-24-95 (severe preeclampsia that got worse postpartum, delivered at 36 weeks), Brooks 9-11-98 (preeclampsia delivered at 35weeks), Sylvia 5-24-01(my only girl, PIH delivered at 38 weeks), Raleigh 2-19-06 (born on my 37th birthday, severe preeclamsia, 3 weeks of hospital bedrest, delivered at 34 weeks) and last but not least little Randall 5-07-08, 3lbs 11oz.(severe preeclampsia, a month of hospital bedrest, delivered at 31weeks, 25days in the NICU with RDS, chest tubes and NEC)

blythe

Postby blythe » Mon Jun 16, 638949 4:47 pm

Thanks for popping back in, I've been worried about you. It sounds like today has been slightly better? How are your bps and headache? Have you done another 24-hour urine collection / when was your last one done?
Heather, mom to

eichic72

Postby eichic72 » Mon Jun 16, 638949 12:03 pm

Yes, the dr I see and the hospital does have a good NICU. I am ok today, just really sad and upset. I am so uncomfortable which is more from her being breech and so high than anything. I just can't even think about going another 2 weeks with this. I can't sleep at all, breathing is terrible, and I just wish it were over. This is not what I imagined. I knew I would be not feeling great the last few weeks but not like this.

caryn
Forum Moderator

Postby caryn » Mon Jun 16, 638949 9:32 am

How are you today?

Out of curiosity, are you being seen at a hospital with a Level III NICU? Some of the hospitals with smaller (or almost nonexistent) nurseries have policies in place that assume women with PE have been transferred out to a hospital prepared to deal with an ill neonate. So they don't deliver when the mothers have scary symptoms -- instead, they transfer once you hit the scary symptom threshold. And you might be just scraping along the threshold and not getting transferred...
Science! The articles you don't want to miss:
The Preeclampsia Puzzle (New Yorker) and Silent Struggle: A New Theory of Pregnancy (New York Times)
Looking for recent articles and studies?
A chance to participate in research? For us on Facebook or Twitter?

Caryn, @carynjrogers, who is not a doctor and who talks about science stuff *way* too much
DS Oscar born by emergent C-section at 34 weeks for fetal indicators, due to severe PE
DD Bridget born by C-section after water broke at 39 weeks after a healthy pregnancy

blythe

Postby blythe » Thu Jun 05, 638949 7:15 am

I am so so sorry you are getting the runaround on this. It is true that a lot of the symptoms of PE can also be present in a normal pregnancy, and we aren't medical professionals and we can't examine you like they can at the hospital. But everything you are reporting is just putting me on pins and needles. Please keep checking in, and please keep calling and going in to L&D when you feel worse. Hang in there, I'll be thinking of you.
Heather, mom to

eichic72

Postby eichic72 » Wed Jun 04, 638949 10:42 pm

Yet another waste of a trip to L&D. BP was 170/111at drs office so they sent me over to hospital. Was seeing lots of spots and had the headache back. Was monitored and over there the BP was steady at 140/90. Labs were all perfect, NST was fine. So, they sent me home. I told them I was very concerned about the symptoms and that they seemed to be getting worse. Basically I was told that unless my labs are bad, they won't do anything. They want that section at 39 weeks unless I am almost dead. Another NST on Thurs which I know will be a waste. I know the baby is fine. I am so fed up I could just scream. This just solidifies that I am not having another baby. The midwives have been the worst. I never even see a DR at the hospital except once from MFM that I had never met before he reviewed my u/s. So sorry for venting I am just sick of this. For someone on bedrest, they have had me running around more than I was before. I am just resigned that I will need to wait another 2 weeks.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”