Chronic Hypertension but Pre-e labs came back negative

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
LukeMom06

Re: Chronic Hypertension but Pre-e labs came back negative

Postby LukeMom06 » Mon Oct 14, 638948 10:58 am

Thanks, my appt today was not a happy one. Blood pressures great but amniotic fluid is too low.
Kay- 40
DS#1 Luke- Born after 21 weeks of bedrest : emergency csection due to severe preeclampsia at 31 weeks Oct 2006
DS#2 Jake- Born after 22 days hospital bedrest: urgent csection due to maternal indications at 33 wks Dec 2010

rachelc

Re: Chronic Hypertension but Pre-e labs came back negative

Postby rachelc » Thu Oct 03, 638948 8:18 am

It is hard to say how much longer you can stay pregnant. If you continue to be relatively stable, then it is reasonable to think that you can get 6 or 7 more weeks out of your pregnancy. I made it 11 more weeks after I was diagnosed with pe in my last pregnancy and the pregnancy before that I had PIH many weeks before I had full blown pe.

I was on labetalol during my last pregnancy but, have never been on aldomet so I can't give you any info on that. As far as labs go some docs won't repeat labs until there is some change such as a raise in bp, significant swelling, pe headache, or fetal indicators that suggest that pe is coming on or worsening. My doctor decided that with my history and risk factors that it was prudent to repeat labs every 2 weeks.

LukeMom06

Chronic Hypertension but Pre-e labs came back negative

Postby LukeMom06 » Wed Oct 02, 638948 9:12 pm

Ok, I am a chronic hypertensive, and was in the hospital on Oct 29 for high bp. They now have me on Aldomet and labetalol along with modified bedrest. I am hoping to make it to 36-37 weeks. I know once pre-e starts to be the diagnoses, people normally deliver within about 2 weeks. Since my bp is back down, and my labs were all great, do I have a chance of making it 6-7 more weeks? I am not sure what to think since I do not have any signs of pre-e.

I have two appts a week for Bpp and NSTs, one at my high risk dr and one at my OB. So far no IUGR, baby is always in the 40th percentile. I want to be realistic about when our baby boy may get here, but have no idea what to think since I was already preeclamptic at this time my first pregnancy and urine, platelets and liver all look great. My body is responding very well to the new meds and bedrest.

Anyone have any thoughts, and has anyone ever heard of being on aldomet and labetalol at the same time? When should we look at repeating labs?
Thanks!
Kay- 40
DS#1 Luke- Born after 21 weeks of bedrest : emergency csection due to severe preeclampsia at 31 weeks Oct 2006
DS#2 Jake- Born after 22 days hospital bedrest: urgent csection due to maternal indications at 33 wks Dec 2010

Return to “Ask the Experienced”