Not sure how long I should waitto ttc my 2nd

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
korie

Re : Not sure how long I should waitto ttc my 2nd

Postby korie » Mon Jul 12, 638945 9:17 pm

I know I have also read something about this, closer pregnancies (less than 2 years)give you a little better chance when it comes to pre-e. I would assume there are some other factors, like having your BP under control before starting a second pregnancy. I have no idea when I read it, likely here though. My second pregnancy did go better than my first in many ways. We were pregnant when my son was 18 months old, not super close together. I am in my 3rd pregnancy now and 25 weeks, can't say whether this pregnancy is going better yet. This pregnancy was closer to 2 full years after my DD.

ktsl123

Postby ktsl123 » Mon Jul 12, 638945 1:17 am

Thanks glimmer! How did your 2nd pregnancy go or going?

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Sun Jul 11, 638945 5:45 pm

Sorry I do not remember a study but I think that it is believed (if not proven) that it is easier for the placenta to attach and form uterine arteries if a placenta was attached before. However, if I recall correctly, there is a counter mechanism, namely, that your body might not yet be fully recovered from PE and might increase the risk of getting it again. Sorry I am not citing studies.

I personally decided to get pregnant once I was ready for it = for me 14 months :-)

ktsl123

Postby ktsl123 » Wed Jun 30, 638945 2:24 pm

Congratulations on your baby! Is there some study on that or information on forum that you know of?

rosalinda

Postby rosalinda » Fri Jun 18, 638945 8:47 am

I just had my first living baby and he will be 4 months old this week, believe it or not I'm already pondering the next pregnancy. I read on here (I can't remember which post it was though) that it is best to get pregnant again within 2 years of the last pregnancy to take advantage of the uterine arteries. I can't remember the logic behind it, but it makes sense to me.

ktsl123

Not sure how long I should waitto ttc my 2nd

Postby ktsl123 » Mon Jun 07, 638945 5:28 am

Hello,

I have a 14 month old son born 35+2 days to severe PE and would love to have a 2nd child. Is there any research that if I have a 2nd child within a certain amount of time that it will decrease my chance of having PE again? I just don't know if it is a good Idea to wait much longer to have a 2nd baby I don't want to increase me chances of having PE by waiting.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”