I need advice, so confused!!

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
mrss

Re : I need advice, so confused!!

Postby mrss » Tue Feb 12, 638943 2:44 pm

I also had a lot of ups and downs last time. This time my pressures are higher in general, but I still have fluctuations. I never reached diagnostic levels for protein last time, but my platelets were lower than my OB wanted them to be. This time they're even lower. It's taking more meds to control my pressures this pregnancy and I'm a lot more tired this time. Last time I limped along until 37 weeks and we're hoping to get to the same point this time. I've been having a lot of bloodwork done and, surprisingly, my platelets have gone up since last week.

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Mon Feb 11, 638943 4:44 pm

Sorry you had to find us. I second what Rachel says: There is often a phase were BP is up and down before it goes up and stays high. You should press for close monitoring, so that a trun for the worse would be detected should it happen.
I think twice weekly is the norm for 33 weeks or more. They will repeat 24h urine and blood tests every week and non-stress-tests for the baby twice a week. Make sure they have a close look on your liver values. Hope all goes well and the alarm is unnecessary.

nicegirl22

Postby nicegirl22 » Fri Feb 01, 638943 1:33 pm

Thanks, that makes me feel better. My Dr. has been out of town since all of this has started so nurses have been communicating through phone calls with oncall Dr. So I haven't really gotten any information from anyone and I kinda felt like i was sent home to just wait to stroke out or something. I also felt like maybe I was crazy and not experiencing early PE..I go to the Dr. tomorrow so I hope to find out more then. Are there any questions I should ask or tests I should request?

rachelc

Postby rachelc » Fri Feb 01, 638943 1:12 pm

Lots of women experience a period of labile (up and down) bps before it finally goes up and stays up. You could be in the beginning stages of PE or HELLP. Is your doctor monitoring you more closely now? If you develop pain in your upper right quadrant, right shoulder blade, or heartburn that doesn't go away with antacids you need to seek medical attention immediately. These are signs of HELLP.e Other things to look out for are headache that doesn't go away with Tylenol, cola colored urine, and decreased fetal movement.

alsgirl2002

Postby alsgirl2002 » Fri Feb 01, 638943 5:05 am

I should add that I'm with you. I'm not really confused, just annoyed. I feel like I should be really thankful that I am having lots of good days still, but its really annoying to feel like I am in the dark as to when my BP is going to decide to stay high and it gets bad. My doctors think I have time - like 3 or 4 weeks at least, but I know that isn't always the case.

alsgirl2002

Postby alsgirl2002 » Fri Feb 01, 638943 5:00 am

In my last pregnancy, my BP went up and down for weeks and weeks. I never had diagnostic protein. They put me on bed rest at 34w+2. At my 37w appointment, I presented with BP of 154/95 which had been above 140/90 since waking, seeing shooting stars and bad headache, and they advised induction that day since they figured I was at the threshold of having it get really bad. I don't remember if my urine dip was positive that day or not. Upon arrival at the hospital, BP was still high, but dropped to normal ranges once I started contracting. I still don't know if my protein ever increased to diagnostic levels, I'm not sure they tested me the day I was induced. But my doctors considered me pre-eclamptic due to my symptoms alone.

Interestingly, I seem to find this time that I feel crappy following a rise in BP. Usually I spike, having a bad day or two, then have a string of good days where I feel crappy (headache, nauseous, dizzy) but my BP is ok. Then my BP will spike, but I'll feel ok (not great), and then the pattern repeats.

nicegirl22

I need advice, so confused!!

Postby nicegirl22 » Fri Feb 01, 638943 4:00 am

Hey everyone, I am new here and found this site after searching the internet for more specific information on preeclampsia. I am hoping maybe someone here can help me out! I am 29 and this in my second pregnancy. I am 33 weeks pregnant and have had a very good pregnancy up till this week. Five days ago I began feeling very bad..migraine, very hot, dizzy, my face and hands were extremely swollen. I took my BP and it was 137/95 which is high for me...Began taking it over a two hour peiod and it continued to rise to 170/110. We went to the hospital and my bp began dropping on its own. Within an hour of being there is was back down to 110/65. They did lots of blood work, all came back normal except a liver panel came back slightly off and my reflexes were too strong in my legs. They ordered a 24 hr urine test and put me on bedrest. Urine test came back slightly higher than normal but not high enough to be classified as preeclamptic. Two days of bedrest and my BP stays normal, then I have another spike this time ranging from 140/85 to 160/92..Same thing, go to hospital and Bp's begin to fall, this time only taking 30 minutes to return to normal.. I have had the constant headache since the first spike and I feel very tired, but other symptoms only arise when bp goes up. My question is, has anyone experienced this and not turn preeclamptic. Everything Im reading is saying BP should stay high if its preeclampsia...Are there any of issues that could be causing my symptoms that anyone knows about..Anyone have any ideas of what I can expect at my next dr. appointment from this point?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”