raising awareness

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
l412angel

Re : raising awareness

Postby l412angel » Wed Sep 01, 2010 09:10 pm

Yes there is a way to order on the site! You can go to the main page and on the left hand side it says market place, you can get tons of goodies :)

breannesmith55

Postby breannesmith55 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 04:38 pm

I go to my obs office tomorrow and I'll see what I need to do to get the okay,is there a way to order pamplets through the site?

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Wed Sep 01, 2010 12:36 am

One of the big things the foundation is trying to do is to get the packets in that congrats packet that the OB's office gives out. Also to get the website on the list of info sites a lot of them give out. If an OB believes its that rare and thats why they dont need to "inform" their patients then that is a great reason to answer back well if its rare then its something the women need to know about since they wont know plus its the most dangerous pregnancy complication so its the Doctors jobs to inform the patients about things. Id def push it at your Drs office not sure if its still happening but I believe so, that they can just get pamplets sent straight to them for them to put in and even keep in those turn pamplet stands.

beth0277

Postby beth0277 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 11:26 am

I know what you mean! It just feels like everyone thinks that it can't happen to them! (I know I did.)

I bought a BP monitor for my friend after she started swelling during her pregnancy. I know I probably seem like a nut, but I never want anyone to have to go through what all of us ladies have!

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:58 am

Yes, I agree that more information is needed. But - there is a danger, namely that people freak out when they are told about this possibility.
Pregnant friends did get freaked out when they heard my story, but none of them got pre-e. What is the best way to do this?

brandib

Postby brandib » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:55 am

Oh yeah, and if they say its not in there cuz it's so rare........I'm SO done with that one!!!!!

brandib

Postby brandib » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:54 am

breanne------that is an absolutely wonderful idea!!! I wonder if we could somehow get PE papers into those little packets we get when we get a BFP????? I still have all mine as like little souviners lol. NONE of wich mention PE. It mentions diet, exercise, GD, breasfeeding, labor, etc, but nothing about PE. I think I'm gonna be looking further into this.

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 10:28 am

This is so true!! I find myself telling anyone who is pregnant. I'm sure they think I'm crazy, but I want them to know what the signs are. I wish more docs would discuss it with their patients even before they begin to develop symptoms.

breannesmith55

raising awareness

Postby breannesmith55 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 09:28 am

My bf is a volunteer fire fighter. Last night his pager went off for the emts a 24 year old pregnant woman was having seizures 3 blocks away. I wanted to die when I heard this, in my heart I knew it was eclampsia bc I saw her at the grocery store about a month ago and congradulated her on her pregnancy.
It got me thinking, I bet no one told her about pre e. I should have. I feel so guilty. From now on I'm going to tell every pregnant woman I come across. It's going to be "congrats, have you heard about pre e" It's so frustrating, think of how many cord blood banking info packets we get when were pregnant. It would have been nice to get one flyer about pre e. So many women have no idea what it is. I didn't when I got it.

Return to “Ask the Experienced”