cramps

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
naomihope427

Re : cramps

Postby naomihope427 » Thu Mar 15, 638942 11:14 am

Well I am very glad you went in!!! :) And yeah, you know with my first pregnancy I didnt drink too much like I should and I do know now HOW IMPORTANT staying hydrated is! I even read that being dehydrated causes headaches AND can cause contractions.
(which with this pregnancy I have had both)

So I went out and bought a 32 oz water bottle and I filled it up like 3 or 4 times a day, it was much easier drinking that way for me for some reason I just couldnt drink loads of little cups of water. The jug helped my headaches tremendously! So def def DRINK lots of water!! That should help!

I am glad your cervix is nice & long! Mine ended up being on the short side, so that is also why I am in hospital. Let us know how test comes back! I thik thats the preterm labor test? I had that done while I was here and it was negative.

soontobemommyof4

Postby soontobemommyof4 » Wed Mar 14, 638942 10:20 pm

I just went to the doctor and they did a fecal something test that will come back tomorrow, but he did check my cervix which was nice and long and closed. He thinks I am dehydrated and am having braxton hicks contractions. I know I don't drink enough water. I am so bad about that.

naomihope427

Postby naomihope427 » Wed Mar 14, 638942 6:02 am

With my 2nd pregnancy now, I didnt think much of it but I began to have very slight cramping, but because I am further than I was when I had my first daughter, I thought oh this is normal because baby is getting bigger etc etc.

I started having nausea for 4 days and before prior light cramping and well when I decided to bring myself in to get checked, I was having contractions, not breaxon, but the real things. So I was very glad I came in when I did because I was contracting every 10 minutes then every 4. I am stable now, thank god, but still here due to preterm labor and preeclampsia. still cooking tho!

but for those cramps, i would def go in to get checked, just to be safe!=)

glimmer

Postby glimmer » Wed Mar 14, 638942 4:45 am

Now - it is ALWAYS better save than sorry - but I had Braxton-Hicks as early as that in my first pregnancy. They would last for an hour or so and then disappear. I like maribels suggestion to see if they go away when you change position. If in doubt, call your doctor!

maribel01

Postby maribel01 » Tue Mar 13, 638942 9:36 pm

I am experiencing the same thing. I am 25 1/2 weeks and have been experiencing all kinds of wierd aches and pains for a few weeks. I've had them on my right side and the pain went from my back to my lower abdomen, my upper left side by my ribs, and yesterday I had a lot of pain in my lower abdomen. I'm not sure if it's the baby's kicking, stretching pains or something else. My doctor says they're more common the second pregnancy. I have been told that if a change of position doesn't help and they persist, you need to call your doctor. Mine always go away when I lay down or sit for a while. They never last a whole day either. So, my opinion is if it persists, doesn't go away with a change of position and/or is combined with other symptoms, call your doctor right away. Hope you start feeling better!

soontobemommyof4

cramps

Postby soontobemommyof4 » Tue Mar 13, 638942 9:10 pm

I'm only 27 weeks and 1 day. Since last night, I have been getting cramps on my left lower abdomen. It goes from my side to about the belly button. Rarely on the right side at all. Nothing up high like they say to watch for with pre-e. I'm alittle nausious too but I think that could be from worring about it. Can anyone tell me what this is and if it is normal?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”