General questions...what do you think?

This section is for discussions with other women who have probably been through the same signs/symptoms that you may be experiencing. Please note, we cannot offer medical advice and encourage members to discuss their concerns with their doctors. New members, come on in and introduce yourself!
dustyroadgurl

Re : General questions...what do you think?

Postby dustyroadgurl » Tue Aug 31, 2010 02:28 pm

Just got back. Baby did good with the stress test today. BP laying down was 128/85, so Dr. was happy with that...Just need to rest rest rest. I go back in on Friday for a regular OB Check up, and depending on what my BP is then he may do another 24 hr over the weekend, since my BP for that one will be higher since I'll be sitting up and not in a hospital bed.

BTW had my favorite nurse today! She was my nurse during the birth of my Son, and went to high school with my father, so she remembers me...anyway Isnt it funny how much better you feel when you have a great nurse taking care of you....one who knows your history and knows that its not all in your head! I swear just seeing her walk into my room made me feel better (and probably helped my bp!).

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:55 am

We also used that saying that I was a ticking time bomb just waiting to go off. I never had the symptoms that would show drs it was time to deliver. I hope your appt goes well today. 128/105 is def way too high.

dustyroadgurl

Postby dustyroadgurl » Tue Aug 31, 2010 09:54 am

I had a 24 hr about a week ago and it was 150, but that was never a good test for me because with my first it was normal on a Thursday, and I had an emergency C-section on that Saturday...He's always gone by my blood work and my BP. Today I'm feeling funny (not awful, just not normal) so I took my bp, and it was 128/105 (strange) But anyway I have a dr. apt and a stress test in an hour and a half so today I do not have to call in and be treated like a crazy person by the nursing staff :-)

This is just frustrating because I feel like a human bomb...ticking away, just waiting to go off. I know it will happen, I just dont know when...grrrr!!!!! The only true sign I've ever had that "this is it" for me is the fact that I suddenly will not be able to keep anything down, not even for an hour, so I do know when that starts happening I need to go in, but at that point my BP is way way way tooo high, so I like to catch it before then.

breannesmith55

Postby breannesmith55 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 08:26 pm

oh I know how irratating it can be too. My doctor will not diagnose me w/ pre e until I have a bp of above 140/90 and above 300 24 hr. My baseline is 105/60 and my bp has been 136/83 at the office and my protein leve was 229. I've had headaches and blurry vision on and off, but no pre e here. Its frustrating watching and waiting, but at the same time we have to be thankful its not moving fast. I sit and think, if I can stay like this for the rest of my pregnancy I wont have another premature baby. So even tho I don't feel good somedays and I know my bp is going up I count everyday I don't meet "diagnostic criteria" as a blessing.

mrss

Postby mrss » Mon Aug 30, 2010 08:01 pm

About a week. I actually argued with my OB/GYN and demanded to know why he was telling me I had pre-e when my BPs weren't always high, my liver enzymes weren't elevated and I only had trace amounts of protein. He kept circling my platelets number on the lab report and said that was why. My platelets weren't where he wanted them to be and his gut (well, gut, experience, intuition) was telling him that something was brewing. He was right. My symptoms went up and down, but then progressively got worse until I delivered.

sarah0381

Postby sarah0381 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 05:56 pm

I had symptoms start at about 12wks but wasn't actually diagnosed until post partum. My labs were always normal, but I had high bp and several other symptoms.

jamilyn

Postby jamilyn » Mon Aug 30, 2010 05:44 pm

Have you had a 24 hour urine test done? If not or if its been awhile then have another one done. getting a trace protein on the dip can turn into 3000 from the 24 hour urine. Or you can get a plus 2 and have 500 thats how i was when they dipped my urine when they sent it off for my 2 bad PE pregnancies.

dustyroadgurl

General questions...what do you think?

Postby dustyroadgurl » Mon Aug 30, 2010 05:17 pm

Ok, so I've been on bed rest for a week and a half now. After 3 or 4 days I was feeling great. But now I'm back on this roller coaster again. One second I feel fine, the next my head is pounding. I have protien sticks and all are coming back as trace. My BP bounces between normal 120/80 and 138/89 when I'm resting. When I go to the Dr it usually is close to 140/90. With my first I went from headache to full PE within 2 weeks. I know everyone is different and for me each pregnancy has been different, but my question is...How long were you on this roller coaster of symptoms before they finally said..OK you have PE?

Return to “Ask the Experienced”